Limit FPS

dat thread necro...

can't you simply set some fps delimiter in your driver settings?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Cidalyse wrote:

I don't want to use Vsync because it uses more ressources when I want to economise them.

what resources? vsync means your gpu is forced to produce the same amount of images/second your screen can display.

as a result, using vsync is counter productive if your gpu can't reliably display the game at the standard refresh rate of your monitor (normally 60 frames per second). vsync only works if you want to restrict your gpu's frame output to the rate which eventually can be displayed without frames being dropped.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Great necro isn't it ;)

Vsync causes some lags especially when your computer doesn't everytime produces more than the monitor refresh rate.
Whith my configuration, the lag is clearly visible.

So as you said, Vsync is quite useless for me (I have 30/70fps depending of the situation).
That's why I just want a 30 fps cap.

There is nothing in the Nvidia panel in my case. Howether, I tried bandicam which does the job.
It's a third party solution but it works.

Thanks for your answer.
If you want a quick fix you could use a program called dxtory (a video recording/screenshot tool) where in the advanced tab you can limit fps, it works for all games.

But i agree, there should be a option in the settings, another thing that would be good also is a second bind slot for each key, like i could open inventory with B & I for example, just a thought.
Steam: teemu92
Last edited by teemu92 on Jul 28, 2014, 11:10:05 AM
Thanx Teemu, I didn't know Dxtory!

Maybe you should open a thread for your shortcut idea =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info