Console "Wars"

I just read an article a friend linked on Bookface about the PS4's DOA issues.

Seemed pretty straight forward:
Developer is in a rush to be the first on the Market and as such testing suffers, DOA units ensue.

What was really cringe worthy were the "Fan-boy" remarks from both Console Camps. They are at each others throats.
Microsoft Fans saying how crap the PS4 is with its DOA units and sub par console.
Then Sony Fans touting how terrible the 360 was with its 55%+ failure rate.

Both sides have made up figures to support their blind faith in their chosen Living Room computers.
And both are more than happy to come up with names that a 4th grader must have provided them with, to attack their 'opposition'.

The funniest thing is people saying things like:
"PS4 is so much better than the shit Xbone."
or "Xbox One is superior to Piss4."

The irony is that they are freaking identical.
I would in not be surprised if Sony was revealed to be Microsoft wearing a Mask in a Scoobie Doo-esque reveal. (or Microsoft as Sony, whatever you prefer)

As if the hardware similarities weren't enough, 99% of the Games are Cross Platfrom, meaning that they will look and feel exactly the same, sure maybe Microsoft pays extra to have a Special Character, or Sony pays to get the game a week earlier.
But it doesn't change the fact that you are using a Spoon to eat Chocolate Ice-cream.
If the spoon handle is 1/4 inch longer or the Chocolate is 1% Fat or 2% Fat, wont make a difference.
So hurling abuse at each other across the Ice Creamery while you eat your "Special" Ice Cream is stupid, especially when the insults are used amount to "1% Fat Chocolate is for idiots, 2% Fat is the betterest!"

This is the #1 reason why I ditched consoles, the terrible, terrible community.
Don't point out to them that they are using a Branded PC in the Living room though, you'll quickly draw heat from both camps for trying to be a PC Master Race fan-boy.

If anyone is thinking of Buying an XBox One or a PS4. I would suggest waiting at least 6 months.
They'll be Gen 2 by then, cheaper, better, more games and you wont have people flinging their faeces on you as you walk out of the Electronics Retailer because you didn't chose THEIR console.

Or just stick to PC's and save yourself $500 on a Console, $100 on a second Controller, and $90 per game.

I think this was a rant, whatever, got you good sucker!
You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world,
and there’s still going to be somebody who hates peaches.
Inb4 SteamBox fanboys jumping your big picture
Spoiler
mode.
"
Living Room computers

Oh you mean the Steambox? Or do you mean those weird things that "play video games"?
"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
"
Fire_Kid wrote:
"
Living Room computers

Oh you mean the Steambox? Or do you mean those weird things that "play video games"?

Yeah :D

I cant wait till Steam Machine enters the scene and console players start with:

"LOL nerd, why would you buy a PC for your living room, just get an XBox/PS4, they are so much better"

Some Specs: (this was a quickie so dont quote me :D)

So really, no difference, Microsoft definitely lost the RAM race though.

Edit: Forgot Graphics Cards:

XBox One: Essentially a Radeon HD 7790
Playstation 4: Essentially a Radeon HD 7870
Steam Machine: Titan GTX 660 or GTX760 or GTX780
( Microsoft only puts out 900p instead of 1080p )
Last edited by Velocireptile on Nov 17, 2013, 1:42:10 AM
Steam machines will be more expensive than consoles. They're still PCs and subject to consumer hardware pricing for the most part, even worse, they're boutique units.

I'm not a fan of consoles, but then I'm not a fan of taking a PC and calling it a steambox
either.

The consoles do have a few advantages that PC people tend to overlook, massive bandwidth and no pci-e bus bottleneck. The CPUs are AWFUL though, the GPUs a bit meh, particularly for the XBone.
DOA = Dead on Arrival?

There is this movie with Dennis Quaid I think called DOA where the protagonist is being poisened and has only 48 hours left to live or so no matter what he does. He then tries to find out who did this to him and why.

But that's not it, is it?
Last edited by Jojas on Nov 17, 2013, 3:31:04 AM
XBone is what they named it though...
Spoiler
"X-Box one", not to be confused with "X-Box 1"

The Steam device will have a strong and lasting reign over living rooms, not only with video games, but also as a multimedia machine. It is much more flexible, not only in hardware, but in software abilities.

There wont be many issues with hardware failures on the Steam Machine, as they have standard PC components which are well tested and also easily switched out and upgraded. Both Microsoft and Sony had unreliable models of their consoles, and with dozens of proprietary hardware revisions, it's impossible to keep track of the specifics. I bet the last XB360s were the most reliable though.

Hardware comparisons aren't very compelling right now, as the major players will all have dozens of revisions and models to extend their products lifespans. Steamboxen will be completely open for upgrades. And I'm sure if new games come out to take advantage of certain features, those features will be included in the next hardware cycle of all the consoles.

"
and $90 per game.

Oh my, I can't wait for the Steam Store to decimate the price gouging of the console industry. Sure, there will be overpriced boxes of hype for grandparents to buy grandkids on special occasions at every toy store, but digital distribution and indie development will be available in every living room. This will create much needed competition, and hopefully make those big careful studios give a crap about the quality of what they remake every year.
My PC will never spy on me. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
ionface wrote:

Oh my, I can't wait for the Steam Store to decimate the price gouging of the console industry. Sure, there will be overpriced boxes of hype for grandparents to buy grandkids on special occasions at every toy store, but digital distribution and indie development will be available in every living room. This will create much needed competition, and hopefully make those big careful studios give a crap about the quality of what they remake every year.

Everything changed when the Steam Summer Sale attacked.
So who is wining? Xbox1 or PS4 (or how they are called)?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info