Level 58 Iron Will - spell - Blood Mage (with video link)

(Caution: this build uses NO skill gems available to the duelist. It may also require a Unique or 2.)

I'm posting this to show everyone just how silly good this build really is. It's really powerful and surprisingly resilient. The goal was to be a better witch/caster, but one that could stand there and tank while casting. I figured I could use blood magic and build hp, and duelist seemed best suited for this as it has 40 int on the way to blood magic.

My current passives:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAdwFLRRSGS4b-iXfJ-0spzboOlI64TwtRmlHfk3jUFBUSVhjWK9Z81orXz9gS2EhZU1odGz2cql07XgNerh673zZguSE2YTviPGKr4zPlKCZK5-jo_KmV6efqW6rxaxZrKquk7Xytz653b6KvqfEFcT2xq7G2NSP2E3aYt-_4urnUu8O8i_2SP6P

I started by going directly for the 30 int node near BM, then went for golem's blood for the hp and regen. by this time I felt healthy enough to get BM and then went for the hp nodes in the duelist starting area. Next was all the way to the double totem passive, picking up the extra 30int along the way. After that it's pretty much, do whatever you need to build more hp/regen and strength.

As for skills, I used Ice Nova and Spark/Fork all the way to lvl 31, only supporting them with Iron Will. This let me get +hp on gear without needing to spend currency to get my sockets just right. Once I hit 31 I started using Arctic Breath/Totem/LMP/IronWill and wow does that help a lot! When I could fit them in I also added Penetration supports. All of it works quite well together as the AC keeps everything slow, and my Spork could take out groups quite fast and safely.

As for Iron Will, this build not only picks up a lot of strength from passives, it relies on the huge amount of strength to boost your spell damage without any spell damage passives. I used:
Spoiler
Unavailable
from the start for the strength, hp, and phys dmg early since before getting BM I had mana problems. As of now, I have over 500 strength (+100% spell damage with Iron Will) thanks to:
Spoiler
Unavailable

Just to finish off, I'd like to post my gear. I'll be back after work to answer any questions, so fire away and let me know what you guys think!
Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Sidenote: I also use Resolute Technique just for fun because I like hitting things(and elem resist mobs die quicker to phys dmg)

Edit: Just uploaded a video describing my build. have a look! http://youtu.be/4okhH5oN66k
Last edited by Shlitz on Dec 27, 2012, 1:04:36 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
This build is pretty captivating. Would love to see some gameplay of it!
"
This build is pretty captivating. Would love to see some gameplay of it!

Well, I could stream it to twitch, and have them auto-record, but it would be about 10 frames per second. :( Let me try to record to another harddrive, and I'll let you know if it works.
what about youtube?
Haha, I was waiting for youtube to process it, but it's up! The frame rate is kinda bad, but you can still see what's going on. http://youtu.be/4okhH5oN66k
Props for thinking outside the box. That's a fair bit of uniques so this is a seriously niche build. Very cool man.
I could probably do it with only the springleaf shield, but I just haven't found any gear with more strength than what I have. The unique axe is completely unnecessary, but I find it fun sometimes.
Really nice build. I am trying it out now.
Your links have gone dead. Would love to see your setup.
I improved on your build's concept employing all 111 points.
goo.gl/wRVq2
Move more points to resists(especially fire res as it as burning hardcounters this build) and dex/int(for requirements) and less from health % if necessary.
Not sure why bother with iron grip support gems (and reduced AS/casting speed) when you can just go for the trait without particular issues.
Also, don't think totems are much worth it anymore now that they got nerfed so hard.
Last edited by Unacceptable on Jan 26, 2013, 2:50:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info