ZiggyD's Etheral Knives Mana Shield Scion/Shadow Build Guide - Hardcore (Updated for 1.1)

Is this build good even in domination? something to change if im playing it in domination?
Still farming exile?
"
Javaleus wrote:
"
misterblort wrote:
The ranger will have low survivaility :)
Because u don't have life and your defence, being energy shield, is used for a shitload of mana.

Are you sure about that? the only difference between Ziggyds build and mine would be aprox 30% less hp and those spell damage nodes.

Please more opinions are welcome!

oh and as I said, that is a 100 points build, Ziggyds is 105 or more, so I would add more hp

Look, you can do it, it's just not as good. And you need those damage nodes. Spell do very little damage without speccing into it.
---

As for doing this on Dom, just get less life, more aura / damage / cast speed stuff. Possibly get the Ranger's goodies like Ballistic Mastery instead of Templar's ES circles and Life Circles.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Dec 12, 2013, 3:07:47 PM
"
CantripN wrote:
"
Javaleus wrote:
"
misterblort wrote:
The ranger will have low survivaility :)
Because u don't have life and your defence, being energy shield, is used for a shitload of mana.

Are you sure about that? the only difference between Ziggyds build and mine would be aprox 30% less hp and those spell damage nodes.

Please more opinions are welcome!

oh and as I said, that is a 100 points build, Ziggyds is 105 or more, so I would add more hp

Look, you can do it, it's just not as good. And you need those damage nodes. Spell do very little damage without speccing into it.
---

As for doing this on Dom, just get less life, more aura / damage / cast speed stuff. Possibly get the Ranger's goodies like Ballistic Mastery instead of Templar's ES circles and Life Circles.

So you answer what I wanted to hear: "As for doing this on Dom, just get less life, more aura / damage / cast speed stuff. Possibly get the Ranger's goodies like Ballistic Mastery instead of Templar's ES circles and Life Circles".

My Ranger build is viable, thanks.
"
Travman87 wrote:
What auras should I have active around level 40?

I just took eldritch battery and equipped EK. Reserved mana is at 423 with clarity and 170 if discipline is active. Mana regen is currently at 38.1. At the moment, if I run clarity and discipline with arctic armor (which is currently at level 1), mana drains very slowly while walking and EK drains the rest of the mana very quickly. EK is currently hooked up with faster projectiles, added fire, and life leech.

Am I on the right track here? What should I add or take away?

You're not supposed to use discipline. Running clarity with artic armour is safer for ur first aura but I loved the hatred damage that allowed me to 2 shot mobs. Eventually you wanna run Clarity+hatred/grace.

Btw, this is DEFINITELY the best build I have used in HC. Great damage (2 shot mobs in docks), havent come close to dying thanks to MoM and very importantly as a new character, it's CHEAP! A lot of the mods we use aren't highly sought after and make the item cheaper. For example rustic sashes with ENERGY SHIELD mod isn't value much, I got a great one for 4c. Also wands with projectile speed are cheaper as well
Hi Ziggy, can you do a build for standard league? I've been following your thread for awhile but I'm still pretty new to poe. I'm not from the states, so I'm playing on Singapore's path of exile server which has only just open.
What changes must I make to the passive skills build and for items and gems I can still follow yours right?
Thanks in advance!
I've been following this build since it first came out and I just wanna say thanks for sharing this with us Ziggy!!! I probably tried lots of builds when the new leagues came out but I keep on dying to something stupid. That and I also had an old computer. Now that I've got a beastly gaming rig, I decided to do this one more time and I gotta say, the tankiness is pretty insane.

I'm level 68 right now and I'm wondering what can I do/upgrade to get more dps?

Here is my current gear:

Spoiler

Thanks again!
Pragmatheist - Nemesis
Last edited by Cynixstar on Dec 13, 2013, 7:56:15 PM
Thanks for making up this build Ziggy, I've been using it on my first proper try at a Nemesis/Hardcore character, and it has gone well so far, just hit level 70 without too many super scary moments. There were one or two, but that's not too bad.

Here's my gear at the moment, looking to probably upgrade my helmet, wand, shield, and gloves. The ones I have at the moment are ok, I could probably do a lot better though. I'm too scared to use another chaos on my 5 link too, I don't want to risk it.

Spoiler

I traded for the boots, amulet and chest. I either got a lucky alch roll or found the rest of them.
IGN Nemesis: Pathra
since everyone is posting his tree and gear ill do the same

currently rocking this build on domination, just hit lv 82 and its going okay its just that im a sucker for gear

the tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGcMfRB_EZYR2xUgFy8YPBjbGYoajxzcHRQdqiepKPoppSpNLOktgy2oL28xnjWSNuk4Gz8nQYdDY0WdRnFKfUrITeNOKlXGVdZY9VuvZOdmnmegbqpvnnC7cU108Xqqf8aApIIegseDCYUyh3aI8Yqvj0aTJ5M6lwaaz5rgm7WdxKKjplenCKxZsZC0DLXytzG3PrfWuJO9J8HzwzrEosaeykrPZdDQ2RPbC9tZ3Q3hiONq52Pr7vba-ej60vsJ_MX-Cv6P

ill respec out of those res nodes once i upgraded my gear accordingly

the gear
Spoiler

ive saved up a lot for the alphas howl and my other gear was neglected cuz of it, really need a 6L next, then a better weap and better swag, the karui ward is cool n all but really lacking some spell dmg and shit

my hp sucks, its only 2.7k, can run 4 auras at once / discipline, hatred, grace, of course clarity and with 300ish mana regen its ez running artic armor

ek dps with hatred is 5.2k, once i leveled the gems some more and linked my empower with it it should show some more brutality

uhhhh yeah really love the build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info