Totally theoretical Righteous Fire build

Essentially, I've been working out numbers on top of numbers to figure out how to make Righteous Fire work. I believe I've got a build that could work.

Assumptions made:
1) If it follows the current listed progression (1% per 6 ranks after the first 4, Ranks 23-24 of Purity of Flame provide 4% maximum resistance.
2) Inner Fire/improved buff passives add multiplicatively to Purity of Flame/Vitality (Auras are boosted, then placed as a buff, which is then increased from that value)

Active Skill build:
Primary attack (Chest)-
4L: Power Siphon - Cast on crit - Ethereal Knives/Fireball/Ice Spear - LMP/Chain
5L: - Lifesteal
6L: Another projectile spell or a projectile support gem.

Alpha Howl -
4L: Empower - Reduced Mana - Purity of Flame - Vitality

After that, you've got 2 more 4Ls and two 3Ls.

Core uniques:

1) Rise of the Phoenix
2) Alpha Howl

Optional:

1) The Blood Dance

Skill build (85 points)

How it works: This build is to get just enough health regen and as much maximum fire resistance as possible. Due to the necessity of Rise of the Phoenix in conjunction with its level requirement to be worn, it should be pointed out that there aren't any easy ways to use this with fewer points. I guess some careful use of healing potions may do it, but eh.

The math:
Since one has EB, ES is no longer a factor in the damage taken.
Base damage: 90% of health as fire * 1.24 (Inner Force boosts this damage taken to yourself) = 111.6% per second.

Resistance Calculations -
Base: 75
Elemental Adaptation: 2
Rise of the Phoenix: 8
Purity of Flame R. 23-24: 4% * 1.70 (Aura passives) * 1.24 (Inner Force) = 8.432

Total: 93.432% or 93% if rounded down

Damage taken: 7.33% or 7.812% if rounded down

Regeneration -
Passives: 1.5+(0.4*4)+1 = 4.1
Vitality R. 24: 1.85% * 1.7 * 1.24 = 3.9% per second

Total: 8% per second

End result: Indefinitely maintained Righteous Fire without needing a Ruby Flask, regenerating 0.19% to 0.67% per second. At rank 20, this would provide 73.26% more spell damage on whatever you have linked to Power Siphon, which already provides a cull and power charges on attack. All life leech/life on hit adds directly to survivability, and I believe I got a decent number of life nodes.

If one wishes to use a one-handed melee weapon, it is also possible to use Spectral Throw instead of Power Siphon. On one hand, it hits more in an AoE. On the other, it doesn't grant power charges which'd make it a bit worse with a cast-on-crit build.
Last edited by Clock_Keeper on Nov 14, 2013, 2:46:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info