My OB dual wield mara idea.. comments/suggestions welcome.

ooohhkay... so im super tired of my sword n' board. want to go dualwield, trying to figure out if this feels like a good spread or not, am i missing something critical? maybe sacrificing too much for Iron reflexes? or not enough accuracy? please let me know what you think.

70 pts:

Iron reflexes, Blood magic, Unwavering stance.
+220 Str
+124 Dex
+14 Int

+160 life
+81% life
5.2% life regen
2% leech
102% inc armor
104% inc armor and evasion rating
+15 all res
24.8% evasion rating

12% inc mele phys
15% Inc att speed.
16% additional dualwield block
25% inc phys dmg while dual wielding
18% inc phys dmg with 1hand
44% inc mele phys dmg.
+248 accuracy rating.

we have until Jan 23, 2013 to come up with our first official life long characters so i wanted to get started right away with testing. I don't have a ton of time on my hands due to work/children so i would like to try and minimize mistakes this go around..

the weapon is still undecided but im leaning towards swords.

again, all criticism welcome! :) please discuss.
The answer is 42.
I'm going to bump this. Really interested in some feedback if this build will be too heavy on offense or too less life. Too much armor? I've decided on the 1hand axes with 1.5 (or greater if they exist) base speed. Really appreaciate some feedback.

Thanks!
The answer is 42.
imho too much "armor & evasion" nodes. The 6 Armor nodes should be totally sufficient, anyway you convert all evasion to armor.
Instead of Leather&Steel nodes i would prefer using endurance charges (works great with high armor) with endurance cry.

accuracy should be sufficient.

this skill tree has more life, resistances, +2 endurance charges, but less armor&evasion nodes (a little bit less block and dmg).
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_ns2nMAHn97426DpS37-GYFYEYVKfy2CIMglVqZe0rLpAoAUtIWDEWGBLdPEn1XrvGNueuXTtQ5yE7w6tm4MppVPfWNuE2Ud-Jd-rxRv6FFKkGb6nY3BUSedS7w653fIvqBhqHtlhVw3SIWVNkc4UIFBHEuHvTii1ourv4zST

If you want to increase dmg and accuracy, i would reccomend (first most offensive, last most defensive): Hatchet Master (4 points, speed/accuracy/dmg) or Gallantry (3 points, Dual wield speed/dmg), Bravado or Blade Barrier.

Please note that i have experience, but not with exactly this buildt!
And sry for language mistakes ;o)
<< the journey is the destination >>
so after lots of tweaking and reviewing the feedback, I've come to this

more life, better pathing and more resistances. also was able to pick up two end charges 5%max res. i picked axes as my weapon of choice, there are some fast ones out there at 1.5 speed. decent enough id say. also, i opted for less block as suggested, but also applied a bit more attack speed.

skills as of right now have been

-dual strike+more phys dmg+added fire,
-cleave+life on hit,
-leap slam+LoH (the mobility is great)
-end cry,
-grace,
testing frenzy, its my first go with it, but it kinda seems like more a pain than anything to keep the charges up.
also when i get the opportunity to get a hold of flicker, going to see if that flows well with my play style or not.

i know its 81 points, however this is my open beta plan, and with act 3 out, i can expect to hit 70's easier than before. planned on picking oaks +45 hp bonus over the skill point for added help while leveling. i know it might actually be less life in the long run with superb gear late game but it has already helped my test character out.

what do ya'll think?
The answer is 42.
I think with open beta nobody will take the life anymore... just because these chars are made for "eternity" and u grind for "perfect" gear and "perfect" skills. But with perfect gear always the skillpoint is better.

I think the skilltree looks fine, i see u stay with ur armor nodes and leather&steel nodes.
Frenzy is not that good in this combo i think. If you wanna try to use Blood Rage (better when u have >4% liferegen) ull also get frenzy charges (+leech) without being bound to a single-weapon skill.
<< the journey is the destination >>
Last edited by MaerFaer on Dec 29, 2012, 6:32:06 PM
I've been running something similiar since I first started this game. I'm several levels behind you at this moment but this is what I run for Nodes:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecFLQ6tEiAUIBR1GNsZLhtFHcohAiFgI00kiyftKLUo2ymlKvYyCTa6Nug4ljpSOrM67T0PQDZAoEOcRHJKfVBHUFBUSVW1VgRYY1uvXotfP2BLYIhhUmSjZ4BnoHTtdPF673uMfLuDfITEhO-GYId2jM-Ov5AKm4OeuZ7Nn8uiAKcwqAe0-bcXud3BBMQVxPbFisbYz_jUj90N37_f7-RR51Lnru8O707wH_Iv8pzz3fZI9778xQ==

It basically goes off from base damage and life sustain while dps'ing single target mobs. So far in single player mode there isn't anything I haven't been able to kill outside of bosses and Rare mobs in 1 hit. Rare Mobs 2-4 hits.

I use Dual strike with Increased Melee Damage, Life on Hit, and Life Steal support Gems attached to it.

Since my Life on hit support gem gives me the free Dual Striking Purposes I use that as my main.

Also see if you can reach Thick Skin somehow near Iron Reflexes. GL =D

Use this Also to Help.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/55949
and
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/61297/page/1

The ranger one really helped me.

EDIT:
Just made my last changes. Lemme know how it looks =D
IGN: AuraMeThis
Did before it was cool:
Searing Bond Quad Curse
Consuming Dark/Bino's ED/Contagion
Last edited by armyguyclaude on Dec 31, 2012, 5:23:37 PM
I enjoy the idea of this build, however why have you chosen to dual wield instead of using say, a two handed weapon? Also what skills do you plan on using, as this greatly affects how the build will develop.

With the build you have now, it has practically identical progression to any melee physical oriented marauder build (or duelist for that matter). With high priority in life, life regen, armor, resist. The only thing differentiating the builds are which offensive nodes you go for, whether it be DW, 2H, or a specific weapon type.

With that said I will comment on the specific build you have posted. Why have you not picked up Resolute Technique? It is a measly 3 points out of your way and the returns are enormous! The only reason I can see for not getting it is if you wanted to stack crit, through passives or power charge stacking, neither of which this build possesses. So unless you plan on augmenting your crit in some way through gear & gems I would suggest picking up resolute technique. This would allow you to forgo all accuracy related nodes in favor of more damage, life, and armor nodes.

However, if you do choose the road of crits, then I would suggest shifting some of your armor nodes (of which you have to many in my opinion) into critical strike/multiplier nodes (cruelty, deadly precision, twin terrors)
Last edited by Slanderbot on Jan 17, 2013, 1:19:09 AM
Unwavering stance you lost tons of evasion with this. Why do you need no stun ability without evasion and power up evasion rating. Why no just dont take Unwavering stance and spend all point to evasion and armor, or if you have already taken Unwavering stance not to loiter skill point to unusefull skill (evasion)
I've sotra switched focus to LS as my main attack. Up to 3attacks/sec, and 2kdps. Its doing much better than dual strike as my main right now due to luck of the draw on gear. I've been testing my crit capabilities now that I'm just about lv 60. And you're right. I think I will take res tec simply because I'm not investing any points into crit.

The reason I spend thoes 4 points on the armor/eva nodes is because IR synergises with it extremely well. I havnt allocated the 6 points into armor passives and I don't think I will. wearing gear for mid 40-50s and I'm just shy of 7k armor. That's. Very well on track in my eyes. Picking up unwavering stances gives me stun immunity witch is more often than not a life saver.
The answer is 42.
"
MaerFaer wrote:
I think with open beta nobody will take the life anymore... just because these chars are made for "eternity" and u grind for "perfect" gear and "perfect" skills. But with perfect gear always the skillpoint is better.

I think the skilltree looks fine, i see u stay with ur armor nodes and leather&steel nodes.
Frenzy is not that good in this combo i think. If you wanna try to use Blood Rage (better when u have >4% liferegen) ull also get frenzy charges (+leech) without being bound to a single-weapon skill.

People won't take life nodes? You still lose experience on softcore. If you're a melee with no lifenodes, you're going to be losing alot of exp.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info