FleepQc's Righteous Fire build

building this in HC right now. Ill keep everyone posted on my results.
this build even viable anymore? I have seen the youtube where it worked fairly well but still I wonder now that the game is in OB if it can even hold up.
what life are you guys getting on your maras?

im sitting around 2900 at level 55 (including my reserved life from clarity), my tree needs some slight respecing but its still pretty efficient

also i see people using flammability with this build but once leveled up it costs too much intel and one cast will almost deplete your mana pool

im just using level 1 vulnerability for the 40% increased DoT effect and it works great, i might use an aoe support gem with it though because the radius is tiny, also the mana cost is less than flammability

so another question i have: is -40% resist from flammability calculate the same as 40% increased DoT from vulnerability?
Last edited by DutchRudder on Feb 27, 2013, 7:22:46 AM
IDK If I were to use RF, id use it for the spell boost, doing this build

using vatality purity grace and anythey else thatll fit maybe another 40%

using a BM gemed skill like fireball or ice spear hell even get static blows and use arc lol

ofcorse Id never try it without that diamond supporter made shield. also I dont know if the %spell dmg boots from RF is enough to make up for the lack of crit & spell nodes.

but If I was to use the aoe form of RF Id want that shield + kaoms heart and use this build
Spoiler
[http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwCcQSzBS0MfRB_EmkS4RRNFFIWbxccGS4ZhRo4Gmwb-iSLJKol3yfVJ-0pLilPLdI26TrYOuE8BTwtPQ89_Ed-TdhN41BQVElVxlcNWGNfP2BLYSFlTWh0bPZxeXTteA16uHrvfLh8u4FvguSDOITZhO-I8YqvjHaMz49GkFWRzpSgnYCdrp48n9-iAKQZplenCKeEqW6rxaxZrpO18rc-uJO53bvtvoq-p8APxFjE9saexq7G2M9l0NDSTdSP1e3YTdlh2mLi6uNq5CLnUudj7DjvDu988B_yL_JF8932SP4K_o8=/url]
Sic Semper Evello Mortem Tyrannis
Last edited by superbubbakush on Feb 27, 2013, 1:31:07 PM
I have been thinking of doing this build as well. A few of my personal touches:

Use the unique flame cloak that converts 20% of physical to fire for a flat 18% physical damage reduction.

Molten shell. I hear it works great for tank builds, link it with life leech and you can probably make back any damage you take. One thing is for certain, this build will be very tanky, especially if you pop a Ruby flask or turn off RF.

Flame totem. It distracts enemies, and you don't have to spam it so it won't drain your mana/hp so much (depending on what you link it with). Can you link it with life leech? That would also help reduce dependency on flasks.

Both are spells, and benefit from the added spell damage from Frame and from RF.

I like the idea of using a frost spell with added lightning and the keystone that likes you to cycle your elemental damage. Since you never deal fire damage, enemy resists never resets. Might be worth looking into if you ever win the lottery and find a Kaom's Heart.

I am thinking about using a scepter with +1 to gems, put the two auras with decreased mana cost in it so you only have to get to 19 on Purity before you get that big extra 1%. As a bonus you can use leap slam for mobility.

Currently I am using a cookie-cutter 2h mace marauder. I can probably turn it into this build for around 16 respect points.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Last edited by gilrad on Feb 27, 2013, 8:06:11 PM
i dont think that flame cloak idea would work because your not technically doing any damage its just a burn debuff on you that also effects monsters

this is why increasing fire damage does nothing
Yeah it won't do anything about RF. I was thinking about it mostly as a way to reduce physical damage. With 89% resistance to fire, only 11% of the fire damage you receive is dealt. 11% of 20% is around 17 or 18% effective physical damage reduction.
Last edited by gilrad on Feb 27, 2013, 11:03:01 PM
Ooh, I just had an awesome idea for the theoretical build that uses elemental equilibrium. Leap slam with faster attacks and lightning and cold damage (either through weapon damage, auras, or supports). No need for movespeed boots or armor mastery, just leap everywhere, giving enemies -50% fire resistance wherever you hand!
leap slam is a cool idea for getting around, might have to try that, right now im using whirling blades with life gain on hit with redbeak

redbeaks 100% extra damage on low life does nothing for RF though but the 30+ life is nice, otherwise id be using divinarius for the extra radius which is handy
I'm right now experimenting this build. I run Righteous since lvl 27 and it is pretty viable. I didn't notice someone already tried something similar. For my own, I went the way with more increased armour and area of effect skills radius. I opted for more resistance to elemental and this is viable. I died a couple of time through cruel but now it is more stable. I currently have 2300 life and I run purity and vitality. I'm using ice nova as a little side skill. Still freezing ennemies so less shot taken.

Here's my build atm. I'm merciless.

Rf Build

Edit: I'm lvl 56 as of right now.
Last edited by RockosS on Mar 1, 2013, 12:31:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info