1.350 million dps tooltip [2.3] The Dashing Duelist: ~ DW Crit Sword Build - Lacerate / Dual Strike

well didn't you try awakening to get an idea? :P

looking to follow this build as well but it would be bad if awakening nerfed it :P
Last edited by ZeitzaMoonMoon on May 18, 2015, 5:50:11 PM
Great guide and build you have there.

However, is this build uber viable?
How good is this build for 2.0?
Finally getting back on! I ended up not playing the beta (after buying a supporter pack, no less) as I was quite consumed by The Witcher 3.

I am still working on how optimize of course, with jewels and new skills etc, but YES this build will not only still work, but be even better! I was wrecking face in sarn arena on my lvl 90 in standard just to test some things, so I am very excited to level up this league in Warbands and find the most kick ass options for this build.

I will post an update here in a few days I imagine, but if anyone has any ideas regarding jewels etc, please MESSAGE me and/or post here!

For now, just connect the dots on the old build and it will work with some tweaks. GLHF!
Any chance you have a passive skill tree to take a look at for V2.0.
With the 2.0 release the old 1.3 skill trees no longer display.
"
blueconundrum wrote:
Any chance you have a passive skill tree to take a look at for V2.0.
With the 2.0 release the old 1.3 skill trees no longer display.

I will soon!
Still working out the finer bits of the build, but it looks like everything is the same, more or less, there are no great melee jewels, but if you find one, there are a couple easy spots to stick it. Best part about this league... SWORD CRIT CHANCE! The slower swords have a 6.5% base crit from 5%, which is fucking huge. I expect to hit 200k dps pretty easily this league, with the massive buff for sword crit.

I added my end goal build without charges on the front page, but I am currently grabbing all the frenzy charges because they also got buffed so hard. Here is my current build at 71:

Level 71 so far in Warbands

If anyone wants to run some maps, hit me up!
Last edited by roguemjb on Jul 22, 2015, 11:36:15 PM
no offence, but how do you survive in PvE? Especially with abyssus

I was following your build but got owned pretty hard by level 70, cleave has really short range, gets you stunned too often.

Swapped for cyclone and life has never been better, cannot be stunned/frozen, much better clear speed. I really hate cyclone cos its so boring but I dont see any advantage cleave has over cyclone? Correct me if i'm wrong.

Also, would you recommened armor/evasion hybrid now that armor got buffed?

Let me know what you think! :)
"
whitified wrote:
no offence, but how do you survive in PvE? Especially with abyssus

I was following your build but got owned pretty hard by level 70, cleave has really short range, gets you stunned too often.

Swapped for cyclone and life has never been better, cannot be stunned/frozen, much better clear speed. I really hate cyclone cos its so boring but I dont see any advantage cleave has over cyclone? Correct me if i'm wrong.

Also, would you recommened armor/evasion hybrid now that armor got buffed?

Let me know what you think! :)

Read into the PvE part of the guide, I use Grace instead of Hatred and use Rat's Nest instead of Abyssus for PvE. Abyssus is for PvP. I can't stand cyclone, cleave is faster, more mobile, and just more fun to play to me. But if you like cyclone, then more power to you. Maps are a means to an end for this build, the end being 90+ PvP matches.

Oh, armor is okay, but I like Acrobatics instead, I prefer the flat 40% avoidance. Armor/evasion is certainly easier to get the right colors on though, than pure eva.
Last edited by roguemjb on Jul 23, 2015, 12:33:48 AM
Finally updated the guide! Hit me up with questions, comments, and suggestions!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info