Black borders on 1920x1080

Recently the game has black borders around it. I checked my graphics card software version and settings OUTSIDE of Path of Exile and nothing has changed. My desktop has NO black borders and I can run games like Diablo III, Dead Island and the like WITHOUT black borders in 1920x1080. However this is not the case for Path of Exile. Just a month ago Path of Exile played without black borders in 1920x1080 but now it has borders. I tried toggling the display settings within Path of Exile but I always gets a black border all the way around unless I go to 1024x768 and below which is an eyesore to say the least.

Any ideas?

Thanks
This sounds like a problem specific to your system. So let's hear what your system is made from, all the software versions (like which OS and updates), hardware (including monitor and cable that it connects with), and the video drivers which you have.
Thanks for the reply. I found out that 1600x900 resolution gets rid of the black border lines. However I would still like to get 1920x1080 to do the same. My specs are below...

MOBO: ASUSTek M2N68-AM (AM2) AMD Phenom x4 9850
RAM: 4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2
VIDEO: ATI Radeon HD 4870
HDD: 1TB SATA
Driver Version: 8.97.100.3-120703a-145534C-ATI
Software Version: 12.6

Video is connected via a certified ATI DVI to HDMI adapter (There is no direct HDMI output on my video card. Instead there are 2x DVI and 1x s-video (I use a certified ATI adapter for video/audio). Then HDMI cable from adapter to VIZIO LCD TV.

Again the above setup works for all my other games mentioned plus more. Only Path of Exile is having problems producing this ugly black border line. What is weird is that I swear it worked fine a couple weeks ago and just recently I have been experiencing black borders. Who knows maybe the black border was there this whole time and I never noticed it till recent but regardless there should not be a black border, should there?

Any ideas?
Last edited by Thero on Dec 22, 2012, 1:57:18 AM
Ok I figured it out or at least I figured the problem out now which it may change later and I'll explain why. My desktop resolution has always been at 1600x900 but I always play my games in 1920x1080 and I never get black borders. So I changed my desktop resolution to 1920x1080, maximized Path of Exile from being minimized and I still had the black borders. I then restarted Path of Exile and BAM black borders are gone. It believe somewhere information is not being sent properly between the game and the pc and thus there is a black border. Of course I am talking out of my ass but at this time there is no real reason to explain it any better. Bottom line if I want to play without black borders in 1920x1080 I have to have my desktop resolution be 1920x1080. It is what it is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info