Game takes forever to load, main screen stutters bad.

Hey guys! Me and 3 friends chipped in to get the Broze Pack, but only 2 of us can play. I ran into a strange issue which I didn't have before. When I start the game up it takes about 30(!) minutes or more to load up. Then when I do get to the login screen it stutters badly. After logging in the game runs perfectly fine. However I only managed to log in once successfully. After buying the Beta key I can no longer log in. It just give me an error. The error said something like "An unexpected disconnection occured." I am currently waiting out the loading screen again while I write this. I'm going to try to load it up and log in again. I wish I could play with my friends!

Oh, also I should mention this computer I'm running it on isn't crap and I can play Diablo 3 at max settings with no problem and such. I've actually played a previous version of POE when it was in open beta with no problems at all on this same computer.

Edit: Ok after uninstalling and reinstalling now it just instantly hangs when I try to run the game. Man this sucks! =(
Last edited by TheUnlawfulSalmon on Dec 21, 2012, 7:26:46 AM
Halp!
Nobody? QQ
Your system specs?

Try to delete Production_config.ini on C:\Documents and Settings\[User]\My Documents\My Games\Path of Exile

Try to add --softwareaudio to game shortcut.

Also try to do a Defragmentation.
Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.
Last edited by Ekalindorskii on Dec 23, 2012, 3:30:25 AM
My specs:

Windows 7 Professional
Service Pack 1

Processer: Intel Core i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz
RAM: 8.00 GB (DDR3)
System Type: 64-bit Operating System

1TB of harddrive space.

ATI Radeon HD4650

I defragged, then deleted the Production_config.ini

Even though I add --softwareaudio to the game shortcut it still boots up slow as hell and the sound is still stuttering.
Then try to add --nosound to game shortcut
Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.
Last edited by Ekalindorskii on Dec 24, 2012, 1:18:36 PM
Dude, that totally worked!

Thanks man.

Oh also my friend is having a crazy problem himself: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/62193/page/1/#p783037

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info