I need a rad single player game to lose 100 hours in

To be honest, if you gave me 100 hours to play away - I'd not ask "Which game?"

I'd ask "Which game first?". Currently I have so many games on my HD I just don't have time to play even a fraction of them.

If you want to really sink 100 hours + into a single franchise, I'd throw Mass Effect at you, keeps you entertained for at least that long, at is -imo- great apart from the last 15 minutes. Plus, it's got decent replayability.

Personally, I'll test out Dishonored as soon as it's done downloading. I've come to be a sucker for steampunk since Thief: The Dark Project.

And if you haven't played it yet and have a soft spot for sandbox worlds: Morrowind.

If you yearn for the old-timey goodness of getting your ears handed to you: Take my advice from that thread of older games, and get yourself one of the old BUILD games (Shadow Warrior or Redneck Rampage; Duke to a lesser extent). I've just revisited them with new source ports, and boy, have I been pampered by modern games. Those oldies really laid the smackdown on me, curse those hitscan weapons :-|.
12/12/12 - the day Germany decided boys are not quite human.
Last edited by Avireyn on Dec 21, 2012, 3:29:08 PM
"
Avireyn wrote:

Personally, I'll test out Dishonored as soon as it's done downloading. I've come to be a sucker for steampunk since Thief: The Dark Project.

Dishonored is a pretty good game, except it's a short one. Taking your time and completing everything, it takes at most 15-17 hours to complete it. At most.
-Nothing burns quite like the cold.
Titan's Quest + Immortal Throne?

Sacred 2 + expansion Ice and Blood?

both in the genere

member of The Old Timers Guild
Also playing : D3 valhalla#1240 , Grim Dawn , TQ+IT
I got about 15-20 hours out of Far Cry 3. Oh, and Skyrim would kill many, many more hours than that.
"A communion...but with what? By all accounts, it wasn't God that the Vaal were trying to reach." -Icius Perandus
Lolo.

Cheers.
GGG - Why you no?
"
Numba wrote:
"
Avireyn wrote:

Dishonored is a pretty good game, except it's a short one. Taking your time and completing everything, it takes at most 15-17 hours to complete it. At most.

Hm, I'm a quite 'completitionist' player (found all Bone Charms, paintings and runes so far; no kills). So far, my play time tallies in at 13 hours, and I'm just done with the Golden Cat. I did replay the Coldridge Prison without being detected, though.

And, yeah, I'm slow. I do savour every small detail and let every conversation play out.
12/12/12 - the day Germany decided boys are not quite human.
Gamersgate are selling "Dungeons & DRagons Anthology: The Masters Collection" for ten euro. The games included are:

- Baldur's Gate 1 and 2
- Icewind Dale 1 and 2
- Planescape: Torment
- The temple of elemental evil

"Temple of elemental evil" is a bit questionable, but I refuse to call it bad. But the rest are timeless classics you really need to have played, despite showing their age. 100 hours? Not nearly enough.
"And that's how you die properly, sailor boy."
(The Witch)
"
Dark Souls

Far Cry 3

Genius, although don't get Dark Souls for the PC unless you want to spend a lot of time rekeybinding and installing mods.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61-OMrOxyso&feature=youtube_gdata

megaman vs streetfighter!

and its free!
Steam:Gonejah
Last edited by nugstash on Dec 26, 2012, 8:59:28 AM
Witcher series, Gothic series, Morrowind(ftw), and Kingdom of Amalur's pretty good.
These should be enough to last you a month...
Sweeping Maid

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info