NEW AURAS! [Theory] 8 Aura Scion DW (Come and Chip In) Insane Tank - Ele Resist

First off, im a noob, im new to PoE. Please don't stop reading just because of this. I posted this so that others can help theory craft with me - it might work and if it does, it'll be freaking amazing. My account is a year old but that's because I made the account a year ago when I planned to play PoE but never got to it. (either it was still on closed beta or it just came off closed beta but I downloaded the game and my pc couldnt handle it)

So, 1st guide i ever followed when I started playing roughly a month ago was a multi aura running build. We all know how dead that build is now, additionally it was a cleaving dual wield build and I literally was double dead. I just loved the idea of running many auras. So... these new ele resist 40% auras. Obviously you can run all 3 of them, but how to run additional 5 auras???

I've been theory crafting a dual weild scion running multiple auras and getting all the -mana reserve nodes possible to mankind. And only a scion can do this... Here's the build:

That's basically what Im aiming for. There are lots of possibilites to it, either run to templar tree get more life nodes(highly unlikely) or just get a few life nodes like athleticsm and ones on duelist area and get more damage, axe nodes, etc. maybe even get unwavering stance. I'll probably take damage nodes 1st before running up to sovereignty. So, end game, get sovereignty and inner force.

Yes, I know its crap. I know it probably wont work. I know how stupid it is. I just wanna do this for fucks sake. I believe in it... Moving on ----- If i follow this build. I end up with -41% mana reserve.

I've been playing with this calculator for a few hours now
and it shows that if I use 3 60% auras on alpha howl I will have enough mana to run 1 60% aura and 4 40% auras.(actually, you can run 4 60% auras but there wont be room for reduced mana gem on a.howl and still have enough for 1 60% + 4 40%, it sounds so good, if only this dog head is 5 socketed)

What I did was I clocked 49 reduced mana reserved from skilltree(for a.howl) and ran 3 60% auras (the 3 you can possibly run with a 4linked a.howl to reduced mana) took the remaining mana, (1000 mana - 3 60% auras = 340 left) clocked 41 reduced mana reserve from skill tree (no more howl) and ran 1 60% aura and 4 40% auras. try it!! i've been playing around it a lot and I guess running 4 60% auras and 4 40% auras for a total of 8 auras is the best result. With the 8 auras running you even have a few mana left to run clarity for your team...

You can also run 7 60% auras but that would mean no ele resistances so.. I don't know if that's better - probably not. (also, it says 0 mana left with 7 auras so thats probably not happening)

If this can be confirmed and you add in the +effect of auras nodes you get and maybe even get inner force, those elemental resists auras will be freaking amazing - among other amazing things.

Any thoughts??? Ohh, btw, im crazy so... bear with me.

Last edited by schizophrenicpanic on Nov 13, 2013, 11:28:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info