Avatar of Fire|Iron Reflexes|Blackgleam|Burning Arrow (tanky!)

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABLMIZxJpFSAXHBg8GYUaOBpsJKoppSpNLOkxnjKJNZI26TrhPC0_J0GHSshM_04qV-Jbr2aebqpxeXfliPGQVZM6na6iAKZXp4SsWa9sr4218rc-vSfAGsWKxq7dDeNq52PsOPAf8kX56PrS_go=

Here's the initial build with IR. You get everything up on the way to the burning damage cluster, then you travel down and get IR. After that you have options, I would recommend going Leather and Steel->Thick Skin->Path of the Hunter via Elusiveness->Fill out Life->Weapon Ele Damagex3->Burning Damage+Life Regen->Purity of Flesh->Harrier/Trap Dmg/Evasion

Gems:
-Burning Arrow|Ele Prolif|Chance to Ignite|Weapon Elemental Damage|Increased Burning Damage
-Split Arrow|Optional (I'm going with Chain|Life on Hit|Life Leech|Weapon Elemental Damage for a defensive AoE steroid)
-Fire Trap|Multiple Traps|Increased Burning Damage|Fire Penetration (AoE Steroid, stacks with Burning Arrow ignite)
-Reduced Mana|Anger|Clarity(rank TBD)|Flammability(rank TBD)
-Lightning Warp|Reduced Duration
-Freeze Mine|Ele Proliferation

Advantages: Deals great moderate impact, high burn damage, good against reflect, has very high damage efficiency with its nodes which allows for more investment in defense, Blackgleam is cheap, tanky late. Scales VERY well with % fire damage, weapon elemental damage and fire damage added.
Disadvantages: Not as tanky as other builds, not very good at bosses, somewhat reliant on gear for %fire/ele damage, clears in smaller sections than other builds. Very shit early if you don't have gear and somewhat lacks life until after Iron Reflexes. Has mana problems, resolved with gear or some investment in mana regen nodes.
Last edited by DiscipleofGaben on Nov 13, 2013, 3:15:18 AM
scary I pretty much brain stormed this build up myself last night as well, I am lv37 at the moment with good gems 20% and gears, The damage is really bad (I have more burning passives and support gets, not as good as I hoped. I might just delete or change build.
IGN DeCheese
Also quit this build 2 weeks into the new leagues, damage just isn't enough.
>>>
IGN - TrolldAllDay

Scammers - @IamSuchAFatty - scammed 1 onslaught exalt for 2 hardcore
<<<
Odd, I'm not having any problems with damage and I'm still missing supports.
If your going for bow type avatar of fire. Id suggest getting

Although get a 50% one though. Its absolutely mandatory to get the quiver to have 100% physical damage converted to fire. W/o it, dps is rather lacking.

Imo, use hated aura instead of anger. % is better than flat dmg increase.
I am building a similar build but with a pretty different tree:

Main attack:
Burning arrow + WED+ Prolif + chance to ignite + fire penetration

utility:
split arrow + chain + curse on hit + flammability (if I get a second 5 link I might swap split with frency and gmp to raise frenzy charges super fast... but this is kinda very late game issue)

(every now and then: bear traps/ devouring totem)

Running two auras atm: Discipline + Grace

Strategy:
split arrow for cursing and "hey I am here moment"
Burning arrow in the middle to set the world aflame! Fire resist take a bit, but the rest melts down instantly.

Tankiness: fine for the moment. Can take some hard hits if necessary.
For the endgame I would like to try to get more ES and eventually go for ES regeneration ... But
have to check if I can handle chaos damage in such a scenario.

No life leech and life gain on hit so far... not needed so far.
Gonna test if ~8 % life regen are sufficient for endgame

Up to now:
Love that build and have a lot of fun!

Last edited by Lordpharazon on Nov 14, 2013, 10:02:58 AM
With some minor testing on a non-endgame character, hatred (suprisingly) adds more fire damage than anger does. This is very similar to the build I came up with, just figured I'd pass my findings along. Currently starting merciless.
Last edited by SirRabbit on Nov 14, 2013, 10:32:59 AM
I was wondering that... Do you implement coldtofire to get the maximum out of hatred?!

p.s. currently in act2 merc ;)
Nope, just need a high pigs bow, a lvl 1 hated as more than a lvl 8 or 9 anger...

You could use cold to fire, but unless it's a quality one, I think the slot would probably be better used for something else. Also cold to fire, would mean you'd want to look for some cold damage on gear to maximize the effect of gem. And since your already getting IR, pick up the +30% cold damage node. But that's a lot of extra work, when just the hatred is good on it's own.

Feel free to try it out of you want.
Thanks for the info, I will for sure keep it in mind.
However I will have to see if I can drop one of my def auras.. For a third one I for would need a significant investment in more mana ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info