Game freezing for my girlfriend and I

This started about 1-2 days ago, my girlfriend's computer will freeze after 1-2 hours of playing Path of Exile. Since her computer is older, I started killing programs and doing maintenance on her computer to free up space and memory.

Her computer specs are:
Intel E8400 Duo Core 3.0 gHz
4GB DDR2 RAM
GeForce 9800GTX
Velocity Raptor 150 GB HDD

But starting last night, my Path of Exile froze and I know my computer is more than enough to handle the game.

My computer specs are:
i7 Sandy Bridge 2600k 3.2 gHz
16GB DDR3 RAM
EVGA GeForce GTX 670
SanDisk Extreme 250GB SSD

I tried running PackCheck.exe on both our computers, added the "--sound.." fix for audio, but I am still unsure why that happened. Should I re-download both our games?

I do notice that I downloaded a ~7MB patch recently and that might have something to do with it.
The Pack Check should be able to fix any problems like this, and the freezing shouldn't be taking place in the first place. Are you playing in fullscreen? It could be that there was an error message in the background, next time this happens see if you can alt-tab and if there is a message.
Balance & Design
"
Rory wrote:
The Pack Check should be able to fix any problems like this, and the freezing shouldn't be taking place in the first place. Are you playing in fullscreen? It could be that there was an error message in the background, next time this happens see if you can alt-tab and if there is a message.

After running the PackCheck content.ggpk, the error ocurred 2 more times for my girlfriend last night and she got really frustrated and went to bed. The error message said the Client has stopped responding.

When I received the error it was the same message "Client has stopped responding". Both of us use Windows 7 OS. I do notice that when she is playing PoE her CPU is at 80-85%, is this the cause? Her ram usage is above 2GB out of 4GB that she has.

I did a scan disk on her hard drive this morning, but I am not sure if this will help. I don't want her to stop playing because she keeps crashing. Is her computer good enough to handle the game?

The error hasn't happened to be yet, but this might be because I have a better computer.

Thank you! I appreciate any feedback and suggestions to fix these errors, she crashes once every 15-30mins last night.
"
appetite wrote:
Her computer specs are:
4GB DDR2 RAM

Path of Exile currently has issues with having only 4gb RAM total (and as such, every 32-bit OS); it will crash on the load screen when it runs out of memory. Does she crash just out of the blue, or exclusively during load screens?

E; alright. That rules out memory-related crashes. :)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 20, 2012, 2:03:02 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
appetite wrote:
Her computer specs are:
4GB DDR2 RAM

Path of Exile currently has issues with having only 4gb RAM total (and as such, every 32-bit OS); it will crash on the load screen when it runs out of memory. Does she crash just out of the blue, or exclusively during load screens?

She plays for about 15-30mins and if lucky 1 hour then the client freezes and says Client has stopped working.
still need help

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info