Passive Tree Respec

Hey guys, I'm new to POE so maybe I'm just missing something but I learnt last night that I cant reset my passive tree right now. And the respec points are only for limited number of node refunds.

I understand if the devs' intention for this is not to make it available for players anytime. But since we are in closed beta testing, should we be able to reset it anytime for us to test different variations and not limited to mistakes of assigning points. Specially for new ones like me.

Just wondering.
Well, for the most part, GGG finds CB useful when it gets data about the game as it's "supposed" to be played. They do internal testing on the "possibility" of builds and such, that they don't need us doing for them.

You can acquire more respec points through orbs of regret, but you should understand, that, if you make a horrible mistake with your build, you should just start over on a fresh character. That might seem and feel harsh, but that's the point. Choices need to matter once the game launches, this is how they want the final game to feel. Although your feedback on your frustration/feelings are welcome as I'm sure the team weighs on heavily on how many respec opportunities they should give, they do want to make your choices meaningful by not giving you an oops button to fall back on.

Rerolling a character is pretty easy if you're just leveling up to level 60. After that, things do get "grindy" so you might lose some work if you want to respec at 70 or 80, but by then, you could potentially buy a whole bunch of regret orbs and do a respec, which is the intended mechanic.

If your current build is weak in some capacity, maybe you should post it? Perhaps your build is really good, but your gear is very poor. You could be in need of a particular curse, skill or item that is making the game difficult for you. Your passive skills I'd say make up a surprisingly smaller portion of your actual character's power.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Dec 19, 2012, 11:57:48 AM
"
jinda wrote:
Hey guys, I'm new to POE so maybe I'm just missing something but I learnt last night that I cant reset my passive tree right now. And the respec points are only for limited number of node refunds.

I understand if the devs' intention for this is not to make it available for players anytime. But since we are in closed beta testing, should we be able to reset it anytime for us to test different variations and not limited to mistakes of assigning points. Specially for new ones like me.

Just wondering.

No.

As for being new, I have introduced several people to this game and I tell them all the same thing: "Your first few toons are gonna suck. Character dev in this game is sick and due to the complexity, you're gonna build a couple of donuts. You should accept that idea now."
Lol ok. Thanks for the responses. Its not really a big deal as I know this will be wiped anyway.

I just thought its another way of testing or trying different builds during beta.
The build is not far from being worst, maybe a few orb of regrets can correct it.

At least I have an idea of how this is going on the final release and I just need to be really sure and precise on my plan build. Thanks again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info