I wanted to tryout POE, but the graphic detered me away

"
Blockhead wrote:
OP has a mentality of a fucking ten year old.
Good job on embarrassing yourself, off to d3 mate.

Real solid comeback there.
"
Elynole wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed D3. But am I the only one that thinks that D3's graphics sucked? Not because it's cartoony, but because 90% of the game is 2D computer airbrush.

That's why I personally don't care too much about D3's graphics: They look like a not-very-sharp painting. Plus, for what the engine offers visually, it's really putting a strain on my system.

And I think that the art direction is also in part to blame for the lack of randomness in the game.

I do prefer PoE's visuals. The graphics might not be quite as polished, but they do their job of creating an atmosphere very well, and they lend themselves to randomization (which in my book is MUCH more important than the newest TrekFlares(tm)).
12/12/12 - the day Germany decided boys are not quite human.
"
ifarmpandas wrote:
"
Blockhead wrote:
OP has a mentality of a fucking ten year old.
Good job on embarrassing yourself, off to d3 mate.

Real solid comeback there.

Thanks mate, pretty straight forward I thought.
Still alive.. are we?
I hated the way everything looked in D3, to me most areas looked like they were floating in space with weird God of war style backgrounds that made no sense, also I felt D3 was overly smooth, very much like a pastel painting as others have said, I couldn't play that game for long periods of time because of the way it looked. everything was just so unnatural to me.
S L O W E R
"
bferret wrote:
Wow, this guy has a different opinion about what he likes in games and you guys deem him a troll?

I agree, I am not really a fan of the art design of this game and prefer Diablo's. While that isn't important to me and is rarely a deciding factor when I decide if I want a game, I can understand someone wanting a game to be visually pleasing. If he is perfectly happy enjoying Diablo 3, I don't see what is wrong with him being deterred from a game that is visually unpleasing to him.

I agree too. As I said in some other post, the graphics are way too detailed, the backgrounds and props are too busy. When you have such busy screens your animations and effects must be top notch and even then. Animations are lacking from both the monsters and the characters when you attack, when you get hit, when you kill something. Shadows are great but that's about it. Play the Diablo 3 and see how you go around bashing things, exploding things, cutting enemies in half, or knocking them back in clouds of dust, how they lose limbs when they
die or fall down in poison mists. Diablo 3 may lack in every other department and it is a disappointment as a Diablo 2 sequel, but graphically it is the best, the best visuals, the best effects, the most fluid movement and combat.

I could tolerate the graphics but combat in PoE is bad: you get rooted in place each time you shoot/cast anything. It drove me nuts all this stop-shoot-freeze combat just a couple of hours ago again when I was fighting tough monsters. This is an Arcade game, you are meant to shoot on the go, click on the screen many times a second. Instead I had a feeling I was playing some 20 year old game that was missing half of my mouse clicks, that's how clunky it is.

PoE may have a rich skill set and other mechanics, way better than Diablo 3, but if I am going to spend a lot of my time bashing monsters on the screen I want it to look and feel great. Otherwise I'd be playing some strategy game or I'd be looking at excel spreadsheets and numbers.

I would like this game to be the "Diablo 2.5" that we've all been waiting for, and I think much more work is needed on the combat and graphics department.
Both and all sides of this thread will simmer down as regards personal attacks.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
All i can say is : Graphics do not make a game.

Cheers.
GGG - Why you no?
I still play Final Fantasy 6, and Diablo 1 to this day on my phone. Graphics don't mean shit.
"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine." - Bruce Lee
Last edited by fortyb4five on Dec 20, 2012, 6:48:21 PM
"
babosasa wrote:
D3's graphic looks so much better than this game, if you guys can improve the graphic performance, it will be nearly a decent game in 2013, I am sure!

LMFAO at your post history. Have not even played the game yet you say this game "needs" an auction house" FAILTROLL
"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine." - Bruce Lee
Unfortunately, given the fact that this thread is still on page 1, I'd say 'failtroll' is only half-right.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info