I wanted to tryout POE, but the graphic detered me away

"
Xendran wrote:
"
axwellwow wrote:

No one cares about graphics...

Eh, i spent quite a bit of time with Hitman and Sleeping Dogs getting as much performance out of my GTX 570 as i can. It can be fun to mess around with graphics of high end games.

Agreed. But I don't play arpgs for graphics. Mechanics ftw
Wow, this guy has a different opinion about what he likes in games and you guys deem him a troll?

I agree, I am not really a fan of the art design of this game and prefer Diablo's. While that isn't important to me and is rarely a deciding factor when I decide if I want a game, I can understand someone wanting a game to be visually pleasing. If he is perfectly happy enjoying Diablo 3, I don't see what is wrong with him being deterred from a game that is visually unpleasing to him.
"
bferret wrote:
Wow, this guy has a different opinion about what he likes in games and you guys deem him a troll?

I think why most consider him a troll is due to his post history, it's of him begging for a key, and then of him going to multiple threads complaining about the game and how D3 is better, while still not having played the game.
"
babosasa wrote:
lol..i am not sad about not having chance to get a betakey..I am now busy with GW2 and D3, but after looking at the screenshot of POE, the physical objects and graphic just look so unnatural....maybe I am wrong because I haven't tried the beta yet,

Don't let people turn you off to the game by responding in anger. Just play it yourself and see if the graphics grow on ya. If they don't then oh well you tried. Its ok to have different opinions. I enjoyed D3's graphics myself but I have to say I don't miss them because I am playing a far better game.
Standard Forever
I'll say it again but uh, PoE graphics > D3 graphics. Much sharper detail. D3's graphics are far too soft and pastel like for a game like this.

And please don't tell me your going off Kripp's horrible stream quality. Play the game.
ign BluedreaM
LvL92 411k Crit Dagger Shadow

"
OGShadow wrote:
I'll say it again but uh, PoE graphics > D3 graphics. Much sharper detail. D3's graphics are far too soft and pastel like for a game like this.

And please don't tell me your going off Kripp's horrible stream quality. Play the game.

This.

Better quality, clearer detail and the environment just pops out so much more than D3.
Well even if this is a troll I was kind of in the same boat. PoE graphics really turned it off. Then I gave it a chance and said I'd level to 10 then quit if I hated it.

Since then I've been only playing path of exile. I play SC2 D3 Far Cry Hitman Dota 2 and Darksiders 2 which all have imo vastly better graphics... but the gameplay in PoE is just so damn good. It's interesting and has depth. It's the only thing I'm playing at the moment.. and considering all my characters are going to be wiped in a month (which normally would turn me off) that's saying something.

So yeah if you aren't a troll I'd suggest committing to the game for awhile then seeing how it goes. If you still don't like it then go play something else. It's not a big deal.
"
OGShadow wrote:

I second this. I am always scratching my head when someone claims that the graphics of Diablo 3 look better. They are not.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
OP has a mentality of a fucking ten year old.
Good job on embarrassing yourself, off to d3 mate.
Still alive.. are we?
Sounds like someone is mad because they didn't get a beta key.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info