In need of tank build advice.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwB5wUtEtkUIBRSGJEZLho-G_ol3yfVJ-0otSkuMgk26DpSPfxAoEd-UEdQUFWpVbVWBFcNWGNYr10AXz9gS2CIYVJlTXKpdO14DXrvfLh82YTZhmCMBozPl7SezZ_LpBmkrKcwq8Wsqqy6ud2-isEExFjG2NIh1I_ZYd-_4drvDu9O8azyL_Pd9kj3vg==

Thats the build im going for.
If its not a good build can it be optimized to be playable?
I'm fairly new so advice is appreciated.

My main concerns are that I have too much life and armor. I know I havent put any points into melee damage the reason being I think my extra life and armor can compensate for the lack of?

1. I don't think it's worth it spending many passive points in a path just to reach some 10% armour nodes.
2. Get just one of the Armor skin nodes, the closest one depending on where you wanna go with your build.
3. Get some more life nodes.
4. Drop the Flask nodes and go for the critical hit reduction (at marauder starting points)
5. Think on your source of damage - Just Physical - Physical/Elemental.
6. Instead of taking that Strenght node, take 2 passive nodes on fire resistance (at marauder starting points). Also, get a few more nodes on elemental resistance.
7. Unweavering Stance maybe? and also go for IR or not?
8. Try to reach a few important damage nodes, depending on point 5.
9. Think on what skills are you going to use (Swipe / Ground Slam / Cleave)
10. Endurance charges - I just love em. Each charge gives 5% DR + 5% Elemental Resistance. If you manage to get 5, or 6. You will be able to drop a few of armour (point 1.) and a few elemental resistance nodes. Also, Immortal Call (SKILL), gives physical immunity for a few seconds depending on the number of Endurance Charges (Helps a lot if you have 5 - 6 charges).

Also, when you start go straight for resolute technique, the game will get easier as soon as you get it.
"The harder the game, the better."
Last edited by Vold316 on Dec 19, 2012, 10:58:57 AM
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzBS0UIBRNGJEZLiFgJIsn1SftKLUpLjIJNug6UjwFPQ89_ECgRtdN2FBHUFBUSVWpVgRXDVhjXQBfP2BLYIhhUmoecql07XTxeu98uHy7fNmBb4M4hmCLjIx2jM-XtJ48nrmezZ_Ln9-iAKcwqBisqqy6ud3EWMT2xtjSIdlh37_hc-Ha51LtIO8O707vfPAf8i_z3fZI974=

1.Got rid of of some armor.
2.Ok got rid of one of them for extra health.
3.Done.
4.Done.
5.The skills and weapons I use do +elemental damage.
6.Done
7.I dont know how effective Unwavering Stance will be or how much of a difference it will make, I dont think I will have enough evasion to make IR effective.
8.Got some elemental damage nodes along with area of effect damage and radius.
9.Still deciding but using cleave atm.
10.Endurance charges.. I dont know.

I will go straight for resolute technique, then to blood magic. As soon as I get blood magic I dont know if I should try to finish that bit or start going up to the damage nodes from resolute technique.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info