PoE or D3

Whats the best experience you got from D3 and can you compare it with PoE?
Which of these games is the more awesomer game in your opinion?

If D3: How far did you make it on hardcore and how long did you stand?
If PoE: Which class is best for solo Hardcore play?

Havent tried PoE yet but i will soon and then i will make a Templar hardcore or a Murdurer for the Str and tanky spec i have clicked around and found on my own.

With my hardcore Champ on d3 i failed at 59 wen i farmed the new keywarden on Hell MP 10 and that was wen i stopt playing d3 so now im on a d3 pause and looking for a game (PoE) to play wen im on that D3 break.

Long Thread but please be mature about the opinions and compares on these games :)
To Glory and Beyond! RippsaN out!.
Check out my Threads! -Farming system and Drops? -PoE or D3?
-Beta invite timer thing. -Class system.
There's probably a ton of threads about this already...

Best experience from D3? The gameplay is very,very smooth. That's probably the thing that stands out the most.

I have a Paragon lvl90 Hardcore Character (still alive) in Diablo3, but then stopped playing for personal reasons. Now I don't really feel like playing anymore, PoE offers some stuff Diablo3 doesn't that i find very interesting. Passive Skill Tree being one of them. Also, PoE just feels so unexplored while in Diablo3 it seems like everything has been done.

I like both games and I will probably continue playing both games at some point. Right now I'm more interested in PoE.
"
Reizoko wrote:
There's probably a ton of threads about this already...

Best experience from D3? The gameplay is very,very smooth. That's probably the thing that stands out the most.

I have a Paragon lvl90 Hardcore Character (still alive) in Diablo3, but then stopped playing for personal reasons. Now I don't really feel like playing anymore, PoE offers some stuff Diablo3 doesn't that i find very interesting. Passive Skill Tree being one of them. Also, PoE just feels so unexplored while in Diablo3 it seems like everything has been done.

I like both games and I will probably continue playing both games at some point. Right now I'm more interested in PoE.

I agree with all of this. However this guy is much better than me. I wish i had a computer that was suitable for hardcore. Still wouldn't be P90. My softcore WD is around 39.
i dident find any other threads about this but thanks for showing me this :)
I've leveled up a monk to Paragon100 and a barbarian to Paragon53. For over 1000 hours of gameplay that stupid D3 gave me only 3 items on level 60, that've upgraded my character. Everything else was bought on AH. And I think PoE is much better because you can't run a bot farm and get gold, maybe even items with ideal stats.
Слава Україні!
I played D3 when it first came out with a few friends. We started from the beginning together and made our way through Inferno and finally beat the game. We refused to use the AH to do this, so there was some farming time but we finally pushed through. I was geared as a support/healing monk.

I enjoyed D3, I'm sure most of my enjoyment came from staying away from the AH, as did my friends, so it was a fresh experience and having another diablo storyline finally was nice to see. We stopped playing about 2 months after release, so I can't comment on any changes that have been made since then. I felt Inferno was difficult, but for the wrong reasons. It was highly frustrating and without the appropriate gear there was very little you could do.

I've been playing PoE off and on since March. It's definitely more of the long term game that you'd expect if you've played D2 in the past. Difficulties progress quite well, where you're always needing to pay attention from the start of the game all the way up to Merciless difficulty. However, the game is highly dependent on your own intuition. Builds can make or break you in this game, regardless of if you have the gear or not. With the literally limitless amount of builds you can make the replay value is extremely high and tends to always stay fresh as GGG continues to make improvements and changes.

PoE also has a great community for the most part, the Moderators and Developers do a fantastic job to try and keep everyone satisfied here; While there are the bad apples that show up every now and then, the community is usually quick to dismiss or abolish them by whatever means they have to keep the community alive and kicking.

PoE does have it's flaws though, based on the 10 year life cycle that's been announced for this game it's still well in it's infancy. You will still see some major changes to skills/items and core gameplay as the game progresses into adulthood.

For new players, PoE may be a bit overwhelming and more than a few have commented about tutorials/player help/fleshing out the beginning area in game and I partly agree. However, part of the reward in this (comparable to EVE Online) is immersing yourself in the world and trying to figure out all these little tidbits as you go along.

PoE also has a history of desync, where the client server will reposition mobs that have gotten off track, sometimes this can lead to some unfortunate problems for players though GGG has stated that they are currently working on the netcode to try and alleviate this issue.

If you're looking for another ARPG to sink your teeth into, I highly recommend PoE as I'm sure most people here would. It's worth the small amount of money to get into closed beta, or waiting till open beta when it becomes free to play.
Thanks Elynole this information were great :) Im still waiting for the beta invite, if it would take to long to get it i will buy the closed beta :) but im always to cheap dont want to buy somthing i havent tried that is great but everyones responde to this game is that its good and longer then d3 makes its more intressting in trying :)
D3 is more Dynamic and Smooth, maybe is because they have better hardware for the Servers, but sometimes in PoE the dynamics sucks when you hit a mob and you dont see any hit animation but you hit him.

The other part that feels good in D3 is that some unique items have a good look, for example Vile Wards looks like a good item (Is shit every item in D3 are shit im only talking about graphics) and if you saw it on a monk, dh, barb, etc you know that he have a Vile Wards and this is good, in the other hand PoE have diferent graphics por uniques but they dont get highlighted in your char that much as SOME uniques in D3.

Then PoE is better in any other point, more mature, more complex, bigger, more build diversity, it looks like that you have balance (but i dont test it by myself), IT HAVE PVP ON HIS CLOSED BETA -.-" so if you ask the only answer that it matters is this, i dont get into it but is good to know that the game have it.

And for the last part, you have a better Comunity... FAR BEYOND better, but ppl make the comunity but the comunity is made by the game, if you have a good game and your feedback counts, everybody is happy and dont have to discus anything in a bad way they just give his thoughts in D3 everybody is against everybody because the game suck for some ppl and is good enough for other ppl... and... is frustrating deal with a community where the ideas are mixed but almost anything is implement so some ones get mad others get mad because the first one get mad others get fun from the rage of the first and the second... and nothing shit here and there shit everywhere...

Regards
Indestructible, determination that is incorruptible
From the other side, a terror to behold
Annihilation will be unavoidable, every broken enemy will know
That their opponent had to be invincible, take a last look around while you're alive
I'm an indestructible master of war
I think its very much worth the $10 for a beta key and to support the development of this game.

With that said though, POE enters open beta Jan 23rd at which time there will be a complete character wipe. Some see this as an opportunity to experiment with wild builds, others see it as being somewhat pointless to play right now. Just depends on your viewpoint.

There are also a fair number of extra beta keys, so wouldn't be surprised if someone threw one your way. I wouldn't wait on the timer.
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
D3 graphic > POE graphic from wat I have known so far

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info