SO when are we going to get mercenaries?

Mercs your favorite part of D2?
No thanks. Why should an exile pay for protection?
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
In the past GGG has said they would like to add mercenaries. They would require a ton of work to actually implement so they won't be added for quite a while at best.
Forum Sheriff
Yes it would be great to have some but lets do a mix of tl2 and diablo kind, the tl2 part comes where your pet or merc can run back to town and sell stuff that was always a nifty idea, and the diablo part would be that the pet or merc fights for you.
Mercenaries would be very interesting but Chris recently said it's not close... That's a "to do" thing that we'll probably get more concrete information on within the coming months after this game launches.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Can someone explain why you think mercenaries are so good, for example in Diablo 2?

I'm curious because I don't like the idea at all. I prefer just playing my own character and not force every character to carry along a side-kick. If the mercenary serve special functions, it seems to be that'd be something that would better to somehow incoroprated in the design of your own character instead.

Just a thought. If mercenaries are implemented at some point, how about making the player spend his own skill points to give the merc abilities/usesfulness? This way, it'd not be quite so mandatory to have a mercenary, because if you didn't spend skill points in your merc's tree, it'd be very weak. But if you did, you'd have a strong merc but a weaker player character. You'd be essentially speccing into the mercenary as if were a part of your skill tree.
Last edited by savbeardfeb2018 on Dec 19, 2012, 1:00:24 PM
Have to agree, I can't stand AI allies. If there is an enemy in front of me, I want to kill it, not watch an AI do it for me.
I even turned off the pet in Torchlight 2 for the most part. But it was worse there, it felt like the whole game was balanced for the use of a pet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info