Doodle/Drawing Thread

Many new comments in this thread, dayum people got interested again.

While I wait for march for my digital art and american comic courses to start I figured I might aswell make time painting what I already have penciled.

Spoiler

I always had a feeling lantern suits would be rubbery, that's why they look like plastic, maybe I should shut the lights down a little to it looks like spandex more.
something I did a while back. Not quite finished and I will probably redo after I take some art classes.
Spoiler
'An open mind is like a Fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded'.
I doodled this in class X3
Spoiler
Spoiler

this one is going to be a boss in my game.. if I ever get it developed -__-
"
something I did a while back. Not quite finished and I will probably redo after I take some art classes.
Spoiler

Cacodemon!

"
"
Spoiler

Cacodemon!

this is funny because I was listening to the doom OST while I was drawing this.. along with the d1 hell soundtrack lol... i'm not normal I know..
Last edited by hostilesinbound on Jan 9, 2014, 1:04:27 PM
"

While I wait for march for my digital art and american comic courses to start I figured I might aswell make time painting what I already have penciled.

Spoiler

I always had a feeling lantern suits would be rubbery, that's why they look like plastic, maybe I should shut the lights down a little to it looks like spandex more.

I think your spandex may be a but too glossy, i was thinking its more of a matt finish with less reflectiveness. glossy will make him look like a gimp. Im not too sure how to remedy that. try emulating Lycra, i guess XD. probably nothing a trip to my good ol' friend google probably cant resolve, though.

I like that star demon. He does remind me of doom, which isnt a bad thing. cauase doom is a kick ass game.

I personally quite like the Doom text logo the game uses. and have used its concept to spawn some of my art.

also. I thought your lancer was facing the other way.. and i was like, what, the feet are backwards.. but turns out i was looking at it the wrong way. Now i see it, its cool. Pole armaments are prob my fav weapons to draw.
Smoother than Smooth.
Last edited by Moist on Jan 9, 2014, 8:12:12 PM
"
"
"
Spoiler

Cacodemon!

this is funny because I was listening to the doom OST while I was drawing this.. along with the d1 hell soundtrack lol... i'm not normal I know..

I have those soundtracks too. I also jam the quake soundtrack. and love the age of empires 1 soundtrack. and many many more game sound tracks.

what ive been doing with their music is playing it while i sleep. im trying to influence some epic adventures to slip into my dreams.
Smoother than Smooth.
I think I'll make a little doodle or two when I get the chance, see if I can't get it on here. I started drawing when I was like six, but stopped at some point. Maybe I'll do a Predator, I like drawing that kind of stuff. In 4th grade I drew a Predator with a bag of skulls and brought it to school lol. I used to steal my brother's comics and draw all th stuff.

Edit: I Lied. I remember now, his one foot was on a mound of skulls. His hand had the retractable spear and the other hand had the claw out. it was a cover of one it the comics. Im horrible at drawing my own ideas, but if you give me a picture or drawing (or landscape or something like that) I can recreate it. Only good at pure illustration. So I would just draw characters from games and comics.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
Last edited by BoltThrower87 on Jan 9, 2014, 10:16:00 PM
"

Spoiler

Think you gotta practice some shading stuff dude before you move onto people. People are reeeeeeeeeally hard to shade compared to most things. As the body has so many lumps and bumps and tones. Then on top of that sub surface scattering in quite a few areas.

Try practice this kinda stuff. I just did it the other day.

Obviously I need more practice this more but that there is a few things you can try. Draw a light source. Then draw 6 circles around it. Then light them. Another is draw a boxy thing witha few shapes jutting out of it. Then light it. Again I myself also need to get better at this :P. Only been drawing a month and a half after all lol. Please ignore the cylinder in the corner. I was going to draw 2 pipes sticking out of it but couldn't be bothered. So instead I have this kinda shitty shading on the edges.

Also don't expect coarse to magicly teach you everything. 90% of it is you : P. The more knowledge and practice you go into your coarse with the easier for you it will be. As you wont be struggling with basics when they are going over the more advanced stuff. For example in my 3d and game dev class I found most people that came into the coarse with not much knowledge fell behind very fast. As the teachers love answering the more advanced questions than repeating the simple things over and over. This is just from my experience and what iv heard from those youtube tutorial guys.

To be honest if I wanted to learn to draw like a pro id just take a year off everything and home study with online stuff. Only hard part of that is the motivation :P . Class kind of forces you to keep doing it.

Wish I could sort out a group to draw with. As in people who draw every day digitally. Theres sites around for it but all the people on them are super pros with 3-4 years experience. Hard to keep motivated drawing by yourself haha
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info