First thread, Plz HELP me with Build

HI guys im kinda new,
ive been playing for a week or 3 now, and 3 days ago i declared
my main character "dead", i messed up, so i decided to try out different other builds...

I begun with a ranger using a tanky lightning arrow build from ziggyD,
but then i figured i actually dont like to play with a ranger sadly...

so i tried other things and they also didnt work out well enough, and i went back to the ranger
where i tried to make him to become a spectal trower with double strike as a single target skill. I used a build from Kripp because it wasnt much different from where i already was.

While i was lvling it up i got lightning strike! (yeah i change my mind a LOT, mostly because of the complaxity of the game wich makes me kinda scared to bound to a character)

So i decided to go with lightning strike and thats where i am now!
i kinda made a begin of a build but i dont even know if it will work nor even it its worth.

If it its worth i want you guys to tell me if im going to the right direction with my build
wich its almost the same build as kripp used for his spectral throw ranger.

The passive skill tree would look like this i think...

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4B0QHnBS0ILhQgGNsZjhuqIWAj9iSdKLUppSo4MHUxnjGwMgkyfjQ1NZI26DpSQKBEnkp9TeNOKlBHU7tVqVYEVvpYr1pIW69gS2CIYSFhUmJaZ6BsRm1KbmlybHTtdPF4DXrvfPWBOoTZhO-GYIcph2qHdojtiiKQbJe0msybjZ65n8uj56ZXpzCpbqmUrLqv67BztfK-p7_VwA_ApsDzwQfEuMv10k3TftX4137dDd-Y4drnD-y27YPuDu9O73rv8PH09778xf6P

and the amin skill would be lightning strike.

thats all i know for now.

if you guys would want me to help to make it better or help me with what i should do next or even if you guys see potential in the build to become something else ( like just getting another gem and start using it) ill be happy to know.

Also if it ends up that ill have to destroy this char also, i would like to get another fun "beginners" build.

i looked all over for fun builds but they are almost all the same ( based on the same skill *spectral throw* )

and the one that i think wich would be really fun to play with, discharger, seems to hard to build as a first char.

Its a lot of text, i know, but i kinda desperate.

want to thank already for the replyers.

(sorry for my bad english, im not a native)
bump ;(

( i know im not the only one with stupid questions)
Well I came up with a different build that you may wanna look at that could give you some ideas.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4ILhmOI_YknTGwVvpaSGJafPWKIpuNo-fApsDzy_XTfucP7YPuDu967_B9df663Ub8TmOnGtv5Y73mPs9RR6q4qn-NfY2_BbUM8qXLNj2IaxnXzero1psmMgGyGc96Yet6U_zFZ6CHdkp93Q1br04qKaXjhA5IBTrFzISvu-PEonTx1FIG7pdwYxeFMiFgQKCeuQUtYEt673TtwQfXfjQ1LOkVIHPhX6r3iBjbKk0_J0rIiq-QEYLkvrz0xkUKNdYxnjB8TZLOZw84WlKomptd8pfrLEWWfVuSzeKATDKsRw==

Overall I think I improved survivability, damage and efficiency for a lightning strike based build, I took out vaal pact as I feel improved flasks are much more noob friendly and appropriate for your build. Soul siphon should take care of most mana issues you may have, but you may wanna consider a blood magic gem for lightning strike as well. With the extra frenzy charges you should be able to make good use out of the blood rage skill for more life leech and attack speed.

Other good gems to link with lightning strike are things like, chain, pierce, or fork if you are broke. Lesser multiple projectiles maybe although 3 is already a nice amount I feel when you link it with pierce or chain.

Ranger is a great class with tons of options available for all kinds of play styles. Just experiment and see what works.
thanks thats really good advice,

i am going to slowly respec the points that i have to, and im going to build
the passive tree the way you showed me.

im still having some mana problems but i think thats mostly because of my crappy gear,
if i get a some mana leech it will be ok for now

This is how my passive tree look like at the moment

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4ILhmOI_YknSmlMbBKfU4qVvpaSFuvYlpnoGqTbml89X11h3aKIpAKm42j56_rtkG-p8APwKbA88S4y_XSTdN-1e3V-N0N5w_tg-4O73rv8PzF_ro=

i do have a blood rage gem, so i probably will use that as soon as i can.

and thats how i linked the lightningstrike for now and im pretty happy with it, i do have pierce so i might use taht in the future too...

my DPS is at 717 right now but, as i said, im spamming mana flasks like crazy.

i really want to thank you for the feedback and ill keep this updated
but btw does projectily damage really does effect lightning strike?

ha, if lesser multiple projects work, then it means it is a projectily...
nvm then ;D
Last edited by 0new on Nov 14, 2013, 10:07:58 AM
The build is going really well.
at the moment my passive skill tree looks like this:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4FLQguFSAY2xmOIWAj9iSdKaUqTSzpMbA_J0CgSn1KyE4qVvpaSFuvYEtiWmOnZ6Bqk25pdO108XrvfPV9dYd2iiKKr5AKm42euaPnr-u2Qb6nwA_ApsDzxLjL9dJN037V7dX43Q3dRucP7YPuDu967_D8TvzF_ro=

i still dont have the "balls" to respec mana flow,acceleration and letter and steel.
Im still having mana problems, it may be because of my itens (i have only 1% mana leech)
but using mana pots is going well enough, i do ask myself if ill ever be able to respec those points. Also i still didnt get mind over matter because of the same reasont.

Im swaping between this two swords, but that isnt going too well thoo.
the game kinda lags when i swop mid fight, what i do A lot.
I choose to do so because the 5 links for the lightning strike i see all the gems
as totally necessary, without any of it it would get too annying to play and i thing i would die often.

im close to get to merciless so my priority for now is to get all the resist points and then go back and get all the life i left behind, and slowly start taking more DPS nodes.

If someone has any idea how i could fix my unstable mana poll i would be glad to hear.

The Only bad thing i could say about this char is the lightning itself, sometimes its really annying when i try to hit some enemy but theres something like a silly basket on the floor wich blocks the lightning.
with leap slam i move around things like that.
but overall its a really fun character to play with

thanks all

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info