Full Respec

"
Hendrixius wrote:

Look, its just a preference - but what drew me to this game was the massive passive tree and the versatility of the classes. However, if I can't experiment with that passive tree and play around with the class versatility it simply becomes a burden more than a boon.

Same here. The passive tree exists online and you can play with skill point allocations. It would be nice if an official calculator were provided to help tabulate things for you, but you can find unofficial calculators that will do that for you (web-based or otherwise).

"

The weapon-specific passives are a great example of how this hamstrings you: get a sweet new sword drop? Well, you can't use that b/c you chose a mace spec, etc.

A lot of the weapon-specific passives are weak, anyway. Some are sword-or-axe, which helps. Some are just "one-handed melee" or "two-handed melee." You can avoid speccing into super specific nodes until later on -- if ever.

"

It just feels like a cheap way to pigeon-hole people into re-rolling over and over instead of developing meaningful end-game content. I am not saying that this is the devs intent, as they seem to really try to keep pay-to-win, etc. out of the game, and therefore seem to approach it from a point of maintaining player balance/integrity - but that's still how it feels to me as an end user.

Obviously they have no intention of changing this - I just wish I had realized it sooner. I tend to avoid game wikis/guide's when I start playing because they are just like spoilers to me - and, as I said, my enjoyment comes from feeling out builds on my own, learning the game by playing it, not reading about some pro-gamer playing it.

I exclusively make my own builds, but you can't do this without knowing the game mechanics -- which need to be looked up. It's very important to know how armor/evasion/resists/block work in this game, for example. Your chances of feeling out how armor works are close to nil, since the game doesn't make it clear, in any way, that armor works off the weird-ass formula that it uses :).

"

The game really gave no indication that these choices would be so set-in-stone, given that most games allow you to respec for a nominal fee.

It should be relatively clear by Fetid Pool, when you get respec points as a reward. That's pretty early on.

I usually check to see if games have a respec option, and how costly it is, because some have it and some don't. I'm used to games not having it, to be honest.

"

So the smartest thing for me to do would be to find a great build online and follow the point allocations and gear recommendations, right? That kind of mindless sheep-building sounds a lot worse than people tailoring their builds for content to me...

No. Don't do this, especially if you don't want to. But learn how the game works at least, so you can make informed choices.
IGN: SplitEpimorphism
"
Hendrixius wrote:
Then make them more a little more difficult to obtain...

oh, that's already the case.

just find a mirror or eternal orb and you should get more than enough regret orbs to fully respec by trading them away.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
You can already fully respec your character, for 2-3 exalts worth of regret orbs.

GGG indends for their game to have a little thing I like to call consequences. If your choices have no consequences then what is the point of making those choices, they don't mean anything without a consequence.

Rerolling a character or obtaining 2-3 exalts worth of currencies is not overly difficult, and in the long run you will appreciate your characters more and be more thoughtful about the build choices you make.

Offering any form of paid respec like the Garena servers offer undermines that.
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
you get a full respec when the new 4 month leagues start.
that was the case so far for every 4month league and in a podcast chris said
they want to keep that up.
so if you wait about one month you will get a full respec on all your chars.
"
Sundrino wrote:

Was going to mention that.. :P

Some time in July, we will all get full respecs. Wait until then.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
"
Sundrino wrote:

There is no guarantee that a free respec will be given out at the end of the 4month league. This quote is the most correct one:
"
adghar wrote:
The only time the developers offers full respecs is when the passive tree has changed significantly enough that your passive tree loses necessary connections, or when the passive tree is given a complete overhaul.

It's very likely that the next big update will include big tree changes, but it's not a certainty.
Those that claim they don't have time to re-role a character cause they don't like their build and just want to re-spec it...Come on..people start new characters all the time..what's the big deal..just re-role. If this was a RPG like in the old days...you'd be stuck with what you rolled from the dice and those attributes..those where the days..your fate decided by a 16 sided die
The game it self is built around the idea that you will reroll characters,which is also why you will never see high-end stuff requiring 90+ character lvl. Almost all of the good stuff is around 65-85lvl based.

If you don't want to,or cannot find the time to reroll,perhaps you have picked the wrong game.
I love the fact that you cannot just respec,it means you got to use your brain and research at least alittle bit before playing.
This is not WoW,or Diablo,the sooner you'll figure that out,the better.

/Thread.
No rest for the wicked.
It's been confirmed that a passive tree reset is incoming when the next major patch lands (v1.2.0). I don't recall any mention of it always happening between leagues but I do kinda remember it being mentioned that between the long leagues is the best time to offer one. It's typically offered when major changes are made to the game such as a major reworking of the passive skill tree that could fuck over a lot of existing players.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Jul 21, 2014, 10:19:23 PM
I would really like to see a way to bring full respec in game without going into the MTX area, how about a vendor recipes that combines 25 regrets into an orb of rebirth (full respec)? Would still be expensive but would put a price on "hey i just want to change build" that is more reasonable than spending something like 80regrets and much less clicky

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info