Need info for different builds

I'm curious, I don't want to do 2h mace ground slam because I don't like being shoehorned into 2h maces/staves. I'm thinking either 1h/shield or 2h. Does anyone know if any 1h builds are successful endgame and through ruthless-merciless? And if now are there any 2h builds that don't have to spam ground slam? Any light you could shed on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
You just don't like ground slam, don't you? (Btw, you can use 1h mace + shield and ground slam).

There are also cleave and sweep build. I.e. They say there is good www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/52656 Moosifer's 2h Sweep Duelistbuild.
Last edited by ThreeBlackBirds on Dec 18, 2012, 2:21:32 PM
I'm building a marauder though, that's a duelist build, and it's a ground slam build if I read correctly lol. Ground slam is just boring to me, right now I'm having fun with cleave/shield charge but I've just started him, haven't spent any points just yet, waiting for the right build.
With such approach you can lament that there are no viable CI+FP mara builds! Generally builds are made for skill/type of gameplaty, not certain class
FP? I just really want to use a 1h and a shield.
FP = Freezing Pulse
But why do you want to be mara so desperately?!
This is my current 2H Axe build, using Sweep and Heavy Strike. Doing pretty well at 63 with low to decent gear (3k life, ~1.7k Sweep DPS per target, no 5L yet). I run Grace + Hatred + one of Anger/Purity/Vitality as situation and map mods warrant. With a bit better gear I can start dropping int and resist nodes and grab some more life.

It's not the highest dps build in the world or the safest, but I find it quite a bit more fun than ground slam and it works against some pretty brutal maps as long as you keep 5 endurance charges up.
Try Blood Rage/Flickering Strike Build (But keep in mind that currently it not might be so good because of DESYNC).
For that build you will need LIFE, DEX, LIFE REGEN, PHYSICAL DAMAGE and try to get 5 Frenzy Charges.
You'll be like a samurai.
"The harder the game, the better."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info