"There has been a patch..." UNABLE TO LOG IN

I'm new in the game and today, with the patch 0.9.13j, the same issue occurred. I'm running the game directly, without Steam and already reinstalled but to no avail.

Edit: my system has Optimus from nVidia and to make the dedicated graphic card properly detect the game, I've copied the client.exe to poe.exe - running the game from that executable. After the update, the solution was to delete the copied .exe and restore the original one. Now i'm back online.
Last edited by aule on Dec 28, 2012, 11:10:54 AM
I was getting this error.

I renamed Client.exe to poe.exe to fix the Nvidia Optimus bug.

Whenever you patch after making this fix, you need to rename the new Client.exe to poe.exe after every patch or you will get this error.
Last edited by balln56 on Jan 30, 2013, 10:07:02 PM
just got this error while trying to log in, despite the game having been up date (0.10.2) and playable yesterday.
fixed by renaming the Client.exe to soemthing else and then launching it. the launcher starts and proceeds to download the missing Client.exe. when the download completes just start the game with the Lanuch button and log in normally with no error (at least it was so in my case).
IGN Pamila / Pfily, CET zone
I had the same problem.

Then, I found out the reason why it didn't work properly.

I used to renamed the "Client.exe" into "POE.exe" in order to let the game be worked with high performance graphic card.

The solution is just running the "Client.exe".

Maybe, this can help.
"
wrangle1005 wrote:
I had the same problem.

I used to renamed the "Client.exe" into "POE.exe" in order to let the game be worked with high performance graphic card.

Maybe, this can help.

Thank you so much good sir! That solves it!
"
VorpalHookah wrote:
"
wrangle1005 wrote:
I had the same problem.

Maybe, this can help.

Thank you so much good sir! That solves it!

Just got the same error logging in. Changed the Client.exe to POE.exe and now it sees and installs the patch.
renaming the client to poe.exe solved it !!!! thanks !!!

<*(((>(
Client.exe is OLD.. you shouldn't even be using it anymore. You can just delete it.

Just update your shortcuts to point to PathOfExile.exe (and make sure you run as Admin).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info