DESYNCH - A real problem

Hello,

I must say this is really starting to get quite frustrating and annoying. It is not the first time I have died in this game to desynch issues. Doing Vaal, playing very safe and careful with a character that has had some time and planning put into it and then getting one shotted by his slam half a screen away is really quite upsetting. For people who enjoy playing only in hardcore, this is getting to be a deciding factor in whether or not to continue playing this game and recommend it to friends.
Add to that the fact that the staff doesn't even bother to restore characters that die in such stupid conditions, originated by poor programming of the game, and it gets even less enjoyable.

I really hope you fix this soon, or risk losing players to it.
agree, just figured out my character had died from a desync, didnt even see a you have died screen :(
Two deaths in the one week race, albeit the 1st one I believe I could not have dodged vaal's hammer without the desynch. So you die because of your own fault I can live with that. Than I got back into the game, even better and more amazing gear than in the 1st run and I die because of some stupid zombies and skeletons, because I leap slammed towards a necro. Failed too late to notice that I didn't do damage actually. Within 8 sec apparently standing still and doing nothing, though I did a lot on the screen I simply see the resurrect button pop up. Not a single drop emptied from my potions.

As melee I rely on whirlwind and/ or leap slam and they are not reliable. I want to die from my own mistakes and not some technical issue. What is there to learn from desynch? Out of the 6 deaths I had in the game 2 were desynch deaths, 1 is where the zone didn't load in time and minions took of the protection timer/ agroed before I loaded. Only 3 (with 1 small desynch as said before) were of my own fault. Because of this I've decided not to go melee even though I liked the challenge, going with a certain safe ranged build.

"
Add to that the fact that the staff doesn't even bother to restore characters that die in such stupid conditions

Its beta its time to test your characters and iron out bugs - thats what beta is for...
I leap into a Group of Mobs - They don´t receive damage.
I hit a Mob - It takes more than a Second until the Damage actually reduces its Life.
Mobs teleport.
In the Middle of a Fight - Magic Teleport back to Hell - dead.
I kill a Mob - Loot drops half a Screen away.

:-/
Kuduku, you majestic, magnificent, pulsating, wooden shaft of a man. - ZiggyD
Last edited by MinasMorgul on Jan 19, 2013, 8:53:00 AM
This needs fixed before you do anything else...I don't care how good the game sounds when I can't even control what my character does half the time. This has been a problem since the beginning.
yes this is a real problem for me also. starting to regrett beeing a silver supporter with these two game breaking bugs: bsod and dedync. 40 ms ping.
Ease the penalty on death (1% xp through all difficulties) and reset instances after 1+ hour and i'm fine with desynch. the game is currently punishing too much not only for every mistake you do but also for things you cannot do anything about.

And no putting a tp every two steps is no solution. its an antiquated and frustrating system.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info