about the "Athene" guy

"
Inexium wrote:
I am starting to think that this guy is a serious threat to the other streamer: Kripp.

Imagine when he will master the mechanics of the game, imagine him going for ladder or races. It's gonna need a full 4-Months league to happen though.

had this game been actually skill-based, I'd strongly disagree with you.

Kripparrian is an awesome player. far above the average no-lifer.
he proved being good multiple times, including in Hardcore Elite Torchlight 2 (Synergies Mod).

Athene - from what I've seen - isn't even close to being as good as Kripparrian, or Helman, or some of the other guys.

but Athene can simply have some fans RMT for him (and take the fall), buy super-mega-awesome-BiS gear, then proceed to face-roll everything all the way to top 20 in all ladders.
without really bothering to thoroughly study the game.

Path Of Exile is one of the few games I know, where the less-skilled can compete on equal terms with the skilled.
the other being RMAH Diablo 3.
and yes, that is a fucking insult.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Nov 14, 2013, 12:43:27 PM
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Inexium wrote:
I am starting to think that this guy is a serious threat to the other streamer: Kripp.

Imagine when he will master the mechanics of the game, imagine him going for ladder or races. It's gonna need a full 4-Months league to happen though.

he proved being good multiple times, including in Hardcore Elite Torchlight 2 (Synergies Mod).

Athene - from what I've seen - isn't even close to being as good as Kripparrian, or Helman, or some of the other guys.

but Athene can simply have some fans RMT for him (and take the fall), buy super-mega-awesome-BiS gear, then proceed to face-roll everything all the way to top 20 in all ladders.

Path Of Exile is one of the few games I know, where the less-skilled can compete on equal terms with the skilled.

This game is the most skilled based diablo like game out there. I mean what skills will you need in a top down game with a mouse control to move? Not that much, but for games like this PoE is one of the better ones
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Vakirauta wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Spoiler
johnKeys, here's the thing. We're talking about a guy who has raised $6.5 million dollars for charity this year alone, plus another $1 in 2012. (Source.) You don't just give $7.5 million dollars to charity if you are a true asshole.

So if you see someone acting like an asshole, but you know from deductive reasoning that he cannot possibly actually be an asshole, the only logical conclusion is... he's acting. Athene is doing what his audience wants. He gives them the antics, they give him the money... and like the good guy he actually fucking is, he gives the shit to charity.

Athene's behavior isn't really his own. It's a reflection of society. It's how people want him to act. And thus, it's not an indictment on him; it's an indictment on us.

You know how the bad guys evade taxes, right? I'm not accusing him of doing this, absolutely not. But people DO USE charities for their dirty doings, it doesn't always mean they are the good guys.

Ya I agree, Bill Gates is literally worse than Hitler because of this. These fucking charity scumbags disgust me.

lölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölölö
"
Xavderion wrote:
Ya I agree, Bill Gates is literally worse than Hitler because of this. These fucking charity scumbags disgust me.

Never compare Hitler with Bill Gates again. I mean... he accepted Vista into production.
When a banker jumps out of a window, jump after him, that's where the money is.
"
Xavderion wrote:

Six pages for Godwin's law to happen? I don't know if that's bad or good...
All the things I want to remember are in the places I'd like to forget.
"
Xpire wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

Never compare Hitler with Bill Gates again. I mean... he accepted Vista into production.

LOL
"
Xpire wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

dont forget Games for Windows Live /shudder
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Inexium wrote:

This could work in a 4-month-league but in races you need skeels to consistenly place at the top of the ladder. Athene wouldn't stand a chance, he's a decent player but nowhere near the top.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info