about the "Athene" guy

He's bad. I don't he's any different in real life. I especially liked the video of Kripp Tips for Athene before Diablo 3 was released, that shit was HILARIOUS.
ok guys, I think I need to clarify the true purpose of this thread:

I was a fan of "professional wrestling" in the 80s and early 90s. I thought it was cool. an awesome show with "colourful", almost comic-book-like good guys and bad guys.

but while the vast majority of people saw it as nothing but entertainment, some were actually stupid enough to go home, and break a damn chair on some poor guy's head.
that's why they started putting in the "don't try this at home" messages, at some point.

assuming 90% of Athene's fans are able to distinguish the internet disgusting troll douche-bag from the real guy, it means 10% can't. worse: some of them actually view him as a "role model", and will try to mimic that disgusting behaviour.

I don't want those guys playing Path Of Exile. I think they will do only damage, and ruin it for others.

as for Athene himself, I don't care. I don't watch his stream anyway.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
the dude u saw its probably athenalive, another streaming knowm from d3, who played poe.
Rampage Rank 7 lv 100 BONJWA_TOP_DAWG
Talisman SC Rank 7 Lv 100 LaBonjwa_Neymar
Didn't we have this exact same thread about Kripp when he started playing PoE?

If Athene brings more players to the game, that's a good thing, the trolls will be weeded out by GGG and we'll have a stronger, bigger community as a result.
Who cares? I mean really. The PoE Community wouldn't flinch for a spotty 10 year old fanboy troll in the forums. Those guys just ends up making themselfs mad and gives us a pleasant read.

From trolling to trolling themselves. Priceless. :)
When a banker jumps out of a window, jump after him, that's where the money is.
"
Xpire wrote:
Who cares? I mean really. The PoE Community wouldn't flinch for a spotty 10 year old fanboy troll in the forums. Those guys just ends up making themselfs mad and gives us a pleasant read.

From trolling to trolling themselves. Priceless. :)

how about a thousand spotty 10 year old fanboy trolls?

@Cyborg, they won't be weeded out by GGG, unless they do something really stupid, like get caught RMTing.
to my knowledge, GGG didn't ban anybody yet for being an obnoxious prick. for scamming and ripping off in trade. for exploiting other players.

that's what "the Athene way" brings to the table, and sadly a lot of people follow it blindly, even though I agree the majority of his fans can distinguish the man from the troll character.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Nov 14, 2013, 2:50:13 AM
johnKeys, here's the thing. We're talking about a guy who has raised $6.5 million dollars for charity this year alone, plus another $1 in 2012. (Source.) You don't just give $7.5 million dollars to charity if you are a true asshole.

So if you see someone acting like an asshole, but you know from deductive reasoning that he cannot possibly actually be an asshole, the only logical conclusion is... he's acting. Athene is doing what his audience wants. He gives them the antics, they give him the money... and like the good guy he actually fucking is, he gives the shit to charity.

Athene's behavior isn't really his own. It's a reflection of society. It's how people want him to act. And thus, it's not an indictment on him; it's an indictment on us.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
Vakirauta wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Spoiler
johnKeys, here's the thing. We're talking about a guy who has raised $6.5 million dollars for charity this year alone, plus another $1 in 2012. (Source.) You don't just give $7.5 million dollars to charity if you are a true asshole.

So if you see someone acting like an asshole, but you know from deductive reasoning that he cannot possibly actually be an asshole, the only logical conclusion is... he's acting. Athene is doing what his audience wants. He gives them the antics, they give him the money... and like the good guy he actually fucking is, he gives the shit to charity.

Athene's behavior isn't really his own. It's a reflection of society. It's how people want him to act. And thus, it's not an indictment on him; it's an indictment on us.

You know how the bad guys evade taxes, right? I'm not accusing him of doing this, absolutely not. But people DO USE charities for their dirty doings, it doesn't always mean they are the good guys.

Ya I agree, Bill Gates is literally worse than Hitler because of this. These fucking charity scumbags disgust me.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Vakirauta wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Spoiler

You know how the bad guys evade taxes, right? I'm not accusing him of doing this, absolutely not. But people DO USE charities for their dirty doings, it doesn't always mean they are the good guys.

What you're saying is only an assumption and in my opinion highly improbable. Now 6.5$ this year alone... I have to admit this is pretty impressive, even though I really consider him an annoying streamer. I sometimes watch him just for fun, but he easily gets on my nerves when he obviously makes ridiculous mistakes on purpose. However, my concern similar to what some people have stated earlier on - that his audience, attracted by his act and not his actual persona, is probably a bunch of infantile trolls. Now a bunch of infantile trolls = a pain in the ass in a direct ratio to the number of trolls.
I am starting to think that this guy is a serious threat to the other streamer: Kripp.

Imagine when he will master the mechanics of the game, imagine him going for ladder or races. It's gonna need a full 4-Months league to happen though.
Anarchy/Onslaught T-Shirt Owner.
Trading Guide : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/519890
Killing Vaal merc with (600 life) : http://is.gd/qsgV9P [Open Beta]
Let's be Crazy: http://is.gd/TxxLsS / Old Suggestion: http://is.gd/Jd09W0
<< God blesses those who bless themselves >>

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info