10.3 Update - BazzV5's Pure Totem Templar with CI

Quick 10.3 Update.

- New ES nodes take total ES to 5.6K....an increase of just over 1K ES.

- Could easily go over 6K ES by replacing the MF jewellery with something more appropriate.

- Could also push dps to around 1.2-1.3K by replacing MF jewellery with anything with a DPS focus.
OB: BazzVone - 83 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI and minions
CB: BazzVfourteen - 80 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI
CB: BazzVtwo - 73 Dual Spork Totem/LS Templar
CB: BazzVseven - 76 Lightning Strike Mara
CB: BazzVfive - 78 Lightning Strike Mara
Would it make sense to use Elemental Proliferation or Chain on the Spark totem?

Also, what bandit rewards would you recommend?
"
mechclams wrote:
Would it make sense to use Elemental Proliferation or Chain on the Spark totem?

Also, what bandit rewards would you recommend?

Elemental Proliferation...absolutely yes!!!

It's what I normally have in the 5th link of the Spork gem chain instead of Item Rarity. Infact the proliferation of shock stacks via EP is what makes Spork work so well at clearing large packs.

As you can tell from the rest of my current gear, (IIQ/IIR jewellery), I just happen to be in wealth creation mode now and can still clear maps fairly well with the current setup however if I was still levelling then the rarity gem would be replaced with Elemental Proliferation.

Chain.....No.
I mean it works, but it really doesn't add much to clearing speeds and it's just not worth the 200% mana cost multiplier.

Bandit rewards I took resists in Normal, (less resists needed from items worn), Faster Casting in Cruel, (to help mitigate the cast speed nerf to Spell Totem), and the Skill Point in Merciless, (because the build doesn't use charges).

Last edited by BazzV5 on Mar 15, 2013, 5:38:00 PM
Hm, now that I think about it, Fork plus Chain seems kind of redundant.

Thanks for letting me know about the bandit rewards. (Perhaps consider including this info in the original post?)

Thanks a bunch!
Yeah the build was originally put together when we had 4 difficulties and back then the bandit rewards were the same for each one, (HP or Mana or resist all or the skill point). I must've deleted the paragraph referring to Bandit rewards sometime during OB as it was no longer relevant.

It really needs a complete rewrite but thats low on the to-do list with Alpha testing consuming nearly all my PoE time.
I see.

Thoughts on Minion Instability?

According to the tree you posted, you're already there. Was there a reason why you opted not to take it?
"
mechclams wrote:
I see.

Thoughts on Minion Instability?

According to the tree you posted, you're already there. Was there a reason why you opted not to take it?

I actually took Minion Instability on my Alpha build just to find that out and personally I don't think it really helps or hinders in any major way.

Minions die and do some minor dmg but not enough to be helpful in any circumstance. I'm not using the minion life support gem though, (have one in Beta but not in Alpha), and I could see it making a small difference but still won't add a lot of value.

Minions in this build serve as a distraction moreso than as a method for clearing mobs. In this build it's all about the totems.

I see. Thank you very much for your replies.
A newby question: Does Ancestral Bond work with Elemental Equilibrium?
I ignore if exits any indirect spells that could activate EE prior to set the totems. An automatic -50 resistance to lighting would be real sweet.

My first thought was Fire Trap, but I cannot test it now,

Thanks in advance
Last edited by valeriovff on May 2, 2013, 6:27:10 PM
Hey :)

Can You update this to patch 0.11 ?:)
IGN: Yowiii
yOwie's shOp /327497

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info