10.3 Update - BazzV5's Pure Totem Templar with CI

I like your build, so I incorporated yours and mine together for HC league but instead it's Life Base.

Life-Base Build:

Previous my build is without crit and only static shock, died once via a careless mistake but it fails too much at end game without crit that puts me off.

But after looking at your build, you inspire me to change my build and probably try it for 1 week race.

I used Arc instead as I'm searching for an alternative for Spark if it ever gets nerf and since it's more convenient to get from just quest rewards.

I guess taking Ice Spear for range mages mobs is a good idea, I shall try it on 1 week race then.

Just to add on, Frost Wall can be a good way to block/push Melee mobs off from your spell totem to prevent it being destroy, but range mobs will pierce through it though.
Last edited by heatzz on Dec 23, 2012, 1:07:08 AM
Will have to try this one out, seams sweet
"
tsquared wrote:
Hey, this build looks like tons of fun and I'm thinking about giving it a shot. Just curious as to what kind of playstyle you used from 1-30 before you got Spell Totem?

Good question.

And one I intentionally avoided while writing up the original post because I can't recall what skills I used at the time. Can only remember that it was a really tough ask to get to level 31 without adding stat points to HP or any of the melee damage nodes and was the main reason I listed HC suitably as a Con.

I do remember trying to safely kill Brutus from behind a wall while casting Sparks but not having any luck at that. Best I can suggest is to use a mix of anything you have that will do the job be it a 2hander or 1hand and shield. Early game I usually look for 2H staff with reasonable damage as they're not far behind maces in DPS but the higher attack speed means less attack interruptions. Heavy Strike for single targets and Sweep or Ground Slam for AoE is usually a good way to go until you can get LS from the Brutus reward.

If this were a "Pro" guide then I guess another option would be to use some of the HP and Melee nodes in early game and then remove them later via the quest reward re-skill points but I know it's not something I did in my play through.

If anyone actually tries this build and finds an elegant way to manage early game using the re-skill reward points then I'll update the guide accordingly with due credits. It would also help to make the build a more viable option for HC.
OB: BazzVone - 83 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI and minions
CB: BazzVfourteen - 80 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI
CB: BazzVtwo - 73 Dual Spork Totem/LS Templar
CB: BazzVseven - 76 Lightning Strike Mara
CB: BazzVfive - 78 Lightning Strike Mara
Last edited by BazzV5 on Dec 22, 2012, 9:09:23 PM
"
heatzz wrote:

Fixed you're URL

Yes lightning shocks proc from nodes like Static Blows and Shock as well as as from Crit hits so to get the most from the totems, (or any lightning attack), you really need to invest in both.

And I know that HP+ES builds are popular in HC but looking at your tree, just that one more skill point for CI would free up all those HP nodes an allow you to chase more Crit in the tree. It seems inefficient to not take CI but thats just how us Softcore players, who accept the occasional death, prefer to think. :)

Anyway, be sure to post an update as I'd like to know how it works out for you in HC.
OB: BazzVone - 83 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI and minions
CB: BazzVfourteen - 80 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI
CB: BazzVtwo - 73 Dual Spork Totem/LS Templar
CB: BazzVseven - 76 Lightning Strike Mara
CB: BazzVfive - 78 Lightning Strike Mara
"
BazzV5 wrote:

Yes lightning shocks proc from nodes like Static Blows and Shock as well as as from Crit hits so to get the most from the totems, (or any lightning attack), you really need to invest in both.

And I know that HP+ES builds are popular in HC but looking at your tree, just that one more skill point for CI would free up all those HP nodes an allow you to chase more Crit in the tree. It seems inefficient to not take CI but thats just how us Softcore players, who accept the occasional death, prefer to think. :)

Anyway, be sure to post an update as I'd like to know how it works out for you in HC.

I already did a similar build before as I said, but I made a careless mistake on the Lightning Boss and died at Ruthless around level 47.

Anyway, if you are playing HC, then you will need some gems from Witch quest to get started, taking Freezing Pulse, Fire Traps to make it a breeze in killing Rare mobs.

You need to get all the nearest life nodes especially that 1% life regen at the early levels, the most dangerous place or place I find easiest to die early is the Allfire quest where the Flicker Mobs ares, try to place decoy 1st before advancing and get some Cold Rings in-case you got frozen by the water-spirit mobs lastly log out immediately if you think you are gonna die.

At higher levels once you have a decent ES gear then you might choose to respec for CI otherwise Maps with Chaos damage will be a problem.

Last edited by heatzz on Dec 23, 2012, 1:37:16 AM
i played your build BazzV5 now to lvl 43 on HC ;) works fine after 31 but before it was really hard :P ok i got crap gear but it was fun 2. played till lvl 30 with shield and 1 hand mace ;)
Thank you. Yes, I have figured out a path which allows me to have decent resist, and decent damage so at lvl 31 I will have access to the 2x totems. I built a 2h Axe Sweep Duelist and I have most of the gear needed now to build this character. Thank you for your input as well as the ideas for leveling and such. I have learned a lot in the past week or so on here. I like this idea for a build, and will have to post my success with it soon as I get it up and running!
currently trying this build.

have to say even b4 31 this is pretty ok. running around spamming spark. tried to lvl as melee lost 2 templas and decided to go straight for casting.
lvl 53 now on hardcore. works fine for me =) gl guys merry x mas.
yea srsly thats like thebestbuild tto play during long days of vacations such. 48hrs in 6 hrs sleep batshit drunk only lvl 30 and i did oak like this --> popped portal / precasted spark for like 10 seconds until whole screen was full of sparks / quickly started fight / popped 2x shockwave totem near oak / kept on spamming spark ... all was over in like 15 seconds xD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info