Multi-aura CI Tank Discharge Scion

I had fallen in love with using discharge after watching videos of people using it. I spent quite a few hours working on items and looking through uniques that would work best with the build. Eventually some friends who played PoE linked me to Kripp's discharger build.

I had some other ideas, over Kripp's build, but it ended up being an inefficient build. I originally ran 5 auras with CI.

As with the Kripp build for burning discharger prior to the patch, he used mana regen unique accessories for his build, which gave him enough regen to sustain spells with only 1 mana regen node.

After the 1.0.0 patch, Scion class's intro gave access to a tremendous amount of mana regen. As a result, it gave me the idea to run Arctic Armor. I will explain the build first with the passive skill tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAecIZwx9EH8RlhJpEuEVIBXXFxwXLxg8GYYZihm0GlUajxzcHRQdqiFgKLUo-imlKjgqTSyFLKYsvyzpL280CjboN2Y3g0CgQ2NGcUcGTipV1lYtVmNY9VoaX2phIWSjZOdmnmqTb55wu3FNcXl08X_GgKSCx4MJhTKGro9Gj_qSzZLzkyeTOprPm7Wdrp3En8ui6qbrpwisR6x_r420DLZBtzG4k70nwcXDOsNtxp7KSsrT14bZE9vn4Yjquuss6-7sGO9O9tr56PrS-wk=

The skill tree starts out from the mana regen side of Scion, and it goes through the ES nodes to reach the other side, dropping spell damage nodes to the upper right of the scion tree. If you have high enough ES gear, I recommend linking to the other side using the spell damage nodes instead, which will save 2 points.

The tree mostly follows the standard CI build, with ghost reaver and vaal pact. picking up almost all reduced mana reservation nodes along the passive skill tree. I could probably drop body and soul, and Avatar of fire and pick up another endurance charge and Faith and steel, however the points from all of the armour and energy shield nodes actually give a tremendous amount of defenses, that I am currently unwilling to drop.

I picked up unwavering stance, as stun is a nightmare for CI builds, (I did not pick up eye of chayula and used Atziri's Foible for the regen) iron reflexes because it's so OP now, and Mind over Matter.

Currently with a level 19 clarity, my character will have around 300 mana regen once I pick up Mana Geyser. (Currently 1 level away) The amount of mana regen to run arctic armor while moving is roughly 277~278 while moving (including inner force) so this build will be capable of running it non stop with the following item build:

Increased max mana, some strength stat to cover the intense need of mana a CI build with multi-auras needs. I socketed the helmet with Faster casting + molten shell + life leech + fire pen. As everyone has seen the kripp video with burning discharge knows, molten shell is half the build with life leech.

Atziri's foible, with as high a roll as possible, gives you immense mana regen, some increased max mana. The reduction in stats required is very handy for skill gems and gear, as my passive skill tree is very inefficient for strength, and many of the gems used in this build require it.

Perandus Signet: A near perfect roll is very good with this item, and it also gives high mana and incredible mana regen. This build runs a total of 5 uniques, so the intelligence boost is nice.
Dream Fragments: More mana, more mana regen, immunity to freeze. Probably the #1 core item for a CI build.

Rainbowstrides, such an incredible item, with the potential of +100 to max mana, this build requires a lot of mana, so this item is very good for this build. Not to mention the other stats on it are excellent.

I delinked the boots because I have reduced duration + lightning warp together, which gives incredible mobility. In half regen maps, I will need to use lightning warp to be able to sustain arctic armor. (As you do not count as moving when lightning warping with arctic armor)

More max mana, and reduced mana auras all linked together, pretty much focused on the same ideology, more mana, and being able to sustain more auras.

See above.

I run cast on damage taken with devouring totem as i'm completely out of skill slots. I love this spell. The leech works for CI with ghost reaver.

Unfortunately I need more resistances, one day i'll get true end game equipment, for now, i'll have to live with just resistances.

Very standard for this type of build, so explanations probably not needed.

Yes, I run a second searing touch, this one is only 5 link however, and would really love to eventually have another 6 link. I switch to my second weapon slot when I need to handle a strong single target, as endurance discharge builds are pretty terrible gaining charges with only 1 target around. (Bosses etc...)

Last edited by Shenlone on Nov 11, 2013, 11:10:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info