About Iron Reflexes

How good is it?
and most importantly, if i take the node 'leather and still' do i get the bonus from both the armor AND evade?
yes
Very helpful for melee duelists and rangers.
Forum Sheriff
'how good is it' is a really short answer with a really big answer. (although the leather+steel thing is an easy one to answer: yes.)

Ultimately it'll come down to whether you're okay taking lots of tiny packets of damage (since all that evasion converted to armour will give you insane damage reduction) or prefer to play an 'all or nothing' style. The consistency of IR's damage reduction may be off-set by the fact that you're no longer evading incoming attacks that have 'secondary' effects, such as Viper Strike and elemental crit effects.

There's a lot to be said about IR and this forum has a lot of discussion regarding its pros and cons. A forum search should reveal most of these.

And yes, I did rant against it and still am not on talking terms with it, but I acknowledge its function and usefulness.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Charan wrote:
And yes, I did rant against it and still am not on talking terms with it, but I acknowledge its function and usefulness.

I think it would be much more interesting and closer to what the devs originally envisioned if it presented a more significant tradeoff. Currently it doesn't and it makes many builds simply better.

In general I think the keystone balance is a bit off in that sense that pretty much all the best builds use at least one keystone.
Forum Sheriff
Last edited by tpapp157 on Dec 15, 2012, 3:22:55 PM
...At the risk of turning this thread into a duplicate of so many others (poor form for a couple of mods, eh? ;)), I will say: yes. ^_^
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Thanks guys!
I did find other threads about it, really good stuff.
And yes, IR is pretty great, and yes, getting +armor nodes improves it even further ;)
"
Crossflip wrote:
yes
no

by no i mean no, you cannot benefit twice from leather and steel nodes. read the latest patch notes.

with iron reflexes:
you can gain armor from grace aura.
you can gain armor from dexterity.
you can gain armor from evasion gear.
you can gain armor from armor gear.
you can gain armor from evasion nodes.
you can gain armor from armor nodes.
you can gain armor from ES+EV nodes.
you can gain armor from ES+AR nodes.
but you can't gain armor twice from leather and steel nodes. you will still gain armor by taking L&S nodes, but you will get 8% per node, node 16%, which makes those nodes quite subpar compared to other nodes available.
Last edited by infected on Dec 16, 2012, 11:14:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info