Why can spells hit multiple times on the same target

While ranged attacks cannot?

Makes like absolutely no sense sorry...
LMP/GMP allows ranged attacks to hit multiple times on the same target, albeit doing less damage per attack. Spark can also hit the same target twice.

Also, give examples of what skills you mean instead of saying "Makes like absolutely no sense sorry".
If I use SA with LMG and all arrows hit the same target it still behaves like i only hit him 1 time, as you said spark hits everything it touches no matter what.
I think that's wrong. Arrows cannot "shotgun", meaning each target can only take one instance of damage. Spells can because Chris believes that's characteristic of them. An exception is ethereal knives. I'm not a big fan of it myself, but the devs believe this is the best way.
I'm not really sure what the reasoning behind allowing spells to shotgun but not ranged attacks was. To me it just seems inconsistent and confusing to new players. I think it may be a holdover from when ranged attacks weren't actual projectiles but physical attacks and therefore were hardcoded to only hit a given target once. GGG probably didn't want to do a mass rebalance (nerf) of all the ranged attacks when they switched them over to projectiles to account for shotgunning so they left one hit per target in.
Forum Sheriff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info