What's the Game Changing Mechanic Mentioned by Chris?

Good day everyone,

I was watching the live feed last night(12/14/12) on Twitch where Kripp was interviewing Chris about the game. Chris mentioned an upcoming new feature in the game, which he described as game changing, that it will be like a whole new game... I didn't quite catch what he was saying, what it sounded like was the way packs of mobs are formed will be different?

Can anyone elaborate on what this will be, and or how this may be different than what we have already? Will there be larger groups of mobs, or is it that the packs are more sporadic or what? I didn't really catch what the feature was, but the adjectives that were used to describe made me drool a little.

Thanks!
$bestGameEver = new Game(POA);
$everyThingElse = new Array( D2, D3, TL2, DS3, GD, TQ );

for($time=0; $time<infinity+1, $time++){
░░░░$bestGameEver.own($everyThingElse);
}

$everyThingElse.lose();
Around the 2:27 mark
Chris comes on around 1:45-46

He says come OB, systems can still change, there will still be balance changes and the occasional passive tree wipe, removal or skill gems for rebalancing etc.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
"
THEHORNEDRAT wrote:
Around the 2:27 mark
Chris comes on around 1:45-46

He says come OB, systems can still change, there will still be balance changes and the occasional passive tree wipe, removal or skill gems for rebalancing etc.

Im not sure what you are referring to... I believe were thinking of different things here. He was referring to an upcoming feature that would be released in the game, something about dynamic packs or enemies or something... This was also discussed much later into the interview. I swear I remember him saying there was a new feature that would make the game almost like playing an entirely new game, which he had said that one of his coworkers told him.

I can't remember what it was, but I think it had to do with how groups of enemies are encountered or placed in the map or something... Whatever it was though, he seemed really excited about, and when he mentioned it the chat went crazy with yays and hoorays for a minute... lol

Any idea? Or, am I just losing my marbles?
$bestGameEver = new Game(POA);
$everyThingElse = new Array( D2, D3, TL2, DS3, GD, TQ );

for($time=0; $time<infinity+1, $time++){
░░░░$bestGameEver.own($everyThingElse);
}

$everyThingElse.lose();
You are not losing your marbles, it was something to do with mob sizes varying. I didn't quite understand it but its something along those lines.
Yeah just reach this section of the stream, came here to correct it but you guys have answered the question! It sounds more like it! Thanks alot!
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
I think it was what mrpetrov summed up as:

"
we've fixed pack sized of monsters to be a lot more variable, so pacing of game has really improved - sometimes you get scary hordes (AWESOME - ZOMBIE HORDE!)!

Basically Mob sizes vary a lot more, sometimes you can encounter 6 huge blue enemies 2 rares, a boss and half a dozen whites at once.
So basically, what he was referring to was the number of monsters that appear in one group at a time. It used to be that they spawned in set numbers of moderately large crowds, but now they can be anywhere between a few mobs to a scary horde of pain(or pwnfodder, depending on how you look at it). It really does change the game up.
It will be interesting but I don't see why they make huge changes this close to release. Kind of negates all the testing made before hand.

Perhaps they thought "Just double it" is trendy design criteria now days.

Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
"
Mr_Bill wrote:
It will be interesting but I don't see why they make huge changes this close to release. Kind of negates all the testing made before hand.

Perhaps they thought "Just double it" is trendy design criteria now days.

Remember we are moving from "closed beta" to "open beta", you can expect many changes even AFTER we hit OB.
Yyyeah, they're still quite a long way from release :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info