[Ice Tremor] CRIT MADNESS 1H Mace Ground Slam / Glacial Hammer with Videos

Ok first off I want to say this build is still a work in progress and that it does not only work with mace but plenty of other 1h melee weapons, i wanted to share this with you to increase the value of 1H mace's within the game, i know this build may look like it lacks life, but once you're about 85 you should be peaking 4k life, that is if you rush these crit nodes like i did. Here are some pics and my current passive tree

Without Power Charges

With Power Charges

DPS with Charges

Heres my current passive tree

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAecDlg5ID8QPzBGWFCAUcRa_GJEYsBzcJDwk4SaVJ08nqTGeMgk1kjboOyg7fD-bQapEgUZxSshN41BHVUtYr1nzWm1aplv0YENh4mNDbEZte249bqpwUnC7cmxyqXgNf8aCHoLkgwmH24jxiq-MNpARkn2TJ5hvnaOfy6KjplemZKZ_pzCnNKdcqW6sWayqsbO0DLVItfK4yr68wFHB88mY2wvcI9zH44Tlz-1B8Yry4fPq9zL3vvjr-0X8q_6P

Map Videos "Soon showing how it holds up against phys reflect mobs"
Spoiler

67 Wharf - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHFbZaicNgY

69 Shore - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSExher6aXI

Here's my gear

Spoiler

The break down

Basically i wanted to use a skill that had really good aoe and was not buggy. because before this, everyone would go dagger or claw or axe if they wanted to go crit, but in my opinion they are not that good, reason being is that you will always have to use melee splash, not counting reave, but i think reave is a buggy skill in the first place, plus when using a mace you get access to glacial hammer which is really op. if you crit using glacial hammer and they're 1/3 of life or lower, the will insta freeze and break into chunks of ice :) although this dosnt work on bosses, its amazing for clearly out rares, and pissing people off with culling strike :D i also grabbed the 2% mana leech passive, mind drinker, because this frees up another gem i would have to be using instead.
Last edited by austinprez on Nov 11, 2013, 1:57:20 PM
Very nice build. It has very good end game potential. There are many life nodes to be taken soon, so 220%+ life is at hand. You have also many things to upgrade. Especially weapon, I wish to see a build like that based on scpetre (they have 6,5% base critical chance). Something like that (it's not mine):

But tell me, how do you perform against physical reflection? Especially against huge packs.

"
But tell me, how do you perform against physical reflection? Especially against huge packs.

physical reflect with ground slam is almost an instant death, i normally stop before i die, and phys reflect isnt a problem with glacial hammer, i normally try to single them out, you could even drop some crit nodes to make this more survivable.
Last edited by austinprez on Nov 10, 2013, 9:36:01 PM
Updated. Added a new video of a 69 Shore map
Thanks for the build, trying it out now because i have no clue what to do with my scion.
Last edited by O_E on Nov 13, 2013, 2:58:22 AM
"
austinprez wrote:
"

physical reflect with ground slam is almost an instant death, i normally stop before i die, and phys reflect isnt a problem with glacial hammer, i normally try to single them out, you could even drop some crit nodes to make this more survivable.

I got different build, but to tackle physical reflect simply put CWDT+Immortal Call+Inc Duration. I got End Charge on melee Stun so EC is plenty and I can get 5sec Physical Immunity. I can even do Phy reflect map easily. My skill is Frenzy, 20k+ dps at max Frenzy charges, and only got 1k life (low-Life with MoM).

this setup easily counter reflect and any physical damage.

I check this thread because I also tried to have this Glacial hammer build - perma freeze with crit.
"
I got different build, but to tackle physical reflect simply put CWDT+Immortal Call+Inc Duration.

ty ill try it out, i was just using enduring cry on cwdt

but yea now i know that sceptres are the best for this build. because they have 6.5 base crit chance, im probably going to try to craft one over time.
"
austinprez wrote:
"
I got different build, but to tackle physical reflect simply put CWDT+Immortal Call+Inc Duration.

ty ill try it out, i was just using enduring cry on cwdt

but yea now i know that sceptres are the best for this build. because they have 6.5 base crit chance, im probably going to try to craft one over time.

E.Cry on cwdt maybe not that reliable now with the nerf. I strongly suggest you try Endurance Charge on Melee Stun. It has (maybe...not sure) up to 20% Stun, coupled with Ground Slam built-in 25%. Steadily increase survivability with charges and consume it for immunity :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info