[Not a bug] Instant death

I have died twice against blue (or gold) monster in desert (act 1). I think it was goat mage with fire spell. I played for duelist, i had more than 3/4 quaters life and the monster didnt do any animations and i died two times in a row. How is it possible to do more than 60 dmg so fast? I had about 40 % evasion rating and about 20 % damage reduction rate. There was no more monsters around him. What i was doing, i was trying to attack it with skill but i didn't event hit it more than five times. The third time i finally managed to kill it. Every time i used HP normal flasks and one with instant restore on low life.
Last edited by SiriusWhite on Dec 15, 2012, 12:50:27 PM
The Goat Shamans sometimes use a skill called Molten Shell which was most likely what killed you here is the skills description: Summons fiery elemental shields providing additional armour for a short duration. If cumulative physical damage prevented by your blocking or armour reaches a threshold, the shields explode outwards, dealing fire damage to surrounding enemies.
And, for reference, that's a *lot* of Fire damage. Without Fire Resist and/or Life bonuses, it will easily kill you.
Hmm... I remember something around him, most likely it was his shield. Thank you for information.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info