Really want to play PoE.

I haven't been on here long, however I have been spending all my time on here watching streams and reading up on PoE. I now believe this game is awesome, if I had any money to support this game I would in a heart beat. However this is just not possible with the limited income I get each month. If anyone is willing to help me, I'd be truly grateful!
Well while I'm waiting for open beta can some of you tell me what PoE is like? I know skills come in the form as itemized crystals that you can equip and what not. I was kind of curious though how this works toward builds. I mean for certain classes it would seem limited to me. Still broader then most games out there, however when your class is only limited to one of the following stats dex, str, int, class only (Ex. Ranger's Dex only Stat). So kind of makes me wonder, why would anyone use those classes when there's hybrid classes that have two stats they can specialize in. Just my opinion, but it would seem to me that more people would just go on and use the hybrids, which would in reality kind of defeat the purpose of the single specialty classes. This is all theory though of course, I don't know how the single specialty classes would develop compared to the hybrid's. I'd suppose any of the single specialty classes would be higher in the one stat then the hybrid considering the hybrid could invest in str and int like the Templar. Compared to just the strength like Marauder. However I'd find the diversity between the Templar, would in the long run be effective considering you have that other avenue of magic instead of being straight physical damage like the marauder.

Either way, I think this itemized skill crystals is great, it'll add an even more customizable effect to the game itself. Instead of seeing a Templar and thinking they will all be the same, with this it'll add a huge variety to the possibilities of parties itself. So in reality creating a party could potentially be a different experience every time. Which I like that, it keeps things interesting. The fact too that item drops are random is really cool too. I'm sure it'll still take time, before you get the good stuff. However at least there's a chance even at the start that you'll possibly find a good or rare item as your leveling up.

Well and even if you do find a good rare item, you can always save it and use it later. Which in reality will help drive you to train harder, so you'll eventually be able to use that rare powerful Item. I can't wait to see what GGG has in store for this game's future. Already, I believe this game stands out from anything else out there. I can't wait for January to come around I'll be here on the first day of OB to check it out for myself!
Last edited by Tool_Fr34k on Dec 15, 2012, 11:01:24 PM
bump, if anyone on cb PoE doesn't mind. I'd like to here more info on PoE, perhaps something you thought should have been on the site. Or if you just want to discuss some interesting builds, or items, weapons. That sort of stuff, I'd love to hear about it. Any info I can get on this game, before I get the chance to play it would be greatly appreciated. This game seems extremely detailed and diverse. So anything I can learn about it will only help me that much more. Thanks in advance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info