Content

I've been a member for only a few days but I'm very active in reading and researching as much as I can. I will be upgrading my support pack tomorrow and am excited to grow with the game.

I haven't really seen anything about future content promises though. This makes sense to me considering the games questionable future. But can anyone shed light on the goals? How many acts? Different types of end-game being introduced? I'm sure that there will be more comning but it's nice to see projections too.

Great work guys!
"
Lachis wrote:
I've been a member for only a few days but I'm very active in reading and researching as much as I can. I will be upgrading my support pack tomorrow and am excited to grow with the game.

I haven't really seen anything about future content promises though. This makes sense to me considering the games questionable future. But can anyone shed light on the goals? How many acts? Different types of end-game being introduced? I'm sure that there will be more comning but it's nice to see projections too.

Great work guys!

I'm wondering that you haven't found anything about long term plans. The game will be extended over the next 10 years if money allows. Some numbers that were mentioned were one new act per 6-9 months, although I would be curious as well to how the devs see this now, after almost finishing act III.
"
Lachis wrote:
considering the games questionable future.

I personally dont see how this game, with such a full cast of players, devs, and mods all helping it grow, would have a questionable future. I can easily see this game lasting for YEARS, and I can see, unless GGG screws up(doubt it) and goes bankrupt, I'll be playing this game as long if not longer than D2, which I invested far more than 3k hours into so far. This is by far the best game I have played SINCE D2, and I wanna be that last guy online before they shut down the servers, if that ever happens. I just wish I had moneys to show my support like some people...

Alas....the plight of the poor.
'It is good to contact a moderator if you feel someone is being a twat' Charan, Forum Moderator

Sometimes, we have to cross a ditch.
Sometimes, we have to cross an ocean.-Rhys, GGG
What they have mentionned as of future plans is this:

-When Open Beta starts, they will release act3
-some months after OB, they will release an additionnal area of act3 with a boss
-They will try to release an additionnal act every year after that, they hope to do this for around 10 years or so
-they plan to add more skills/spells from time to time. They agree the game is lacking spell/skill gems right now

apart from that I dont know
"
Zalm wrote:
"
Lachis wrote:
considering the games questionable future.

I personally dont see how this game, with such a full cast of players, devs, and mods all helping it grow, would have a questionable future. I can easily see this game lasting for YEARS, and I can see, unless GGG screws up(doubt it) and goes bankrupt, I'll be playing this game as long if not longer than D2, which I invested far more than 3k hours into so far. This is by far the best game I have played SINCE D2, and I wanna be that last guy online before they shut down the servers, if that ever happens. I just wish I had moneys to show my support like some people...

Alas....the plight of the poor.

You do see how it has a questionable future if you review your post. I worded that poorly so I apologize. I worded everything poorly apparently because I didn't state what I had found vs what I was looking for.

Thanks for all the info so far.

I guess the real competition will be in the custom leagues and races.

Follow-up jammer...anyone on the dev team think a year in between acts is too conservative?? :) I guess you will need finaancial information to make that determination though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info