Died on HC due to mouse cursor dissapearing

I recently died on my lvl 44 marauder due to my mouse cursor disapearing. Had two rare mobs on me at the time this happen. My build revovled around life leech and if i cant swing my weapon i die pretty quick. By the time i realized i had no mouse cursor to click on mobs and or run away it was too late. I alt+F4 out at very low HP. When i loged back in i was in default league.

This is a very serious bug and needs to be looked at. If it isn't being looked into already.
Would be a shame to loose a high lvl HC character this way when open beta is released.

Both keyboard and mouse are wireless logitec MX5500. I have never had this happen with any other games. I also had an issue with loot being stuck to my cursor a couple times. Fortunatly there where no mobs around to kill me when that had happen.
I haven't heard of this happening before, I'll see if we can reproduce on a similar setup. Is there some way you can find that you can get this to happen every time?

Sorry for the loss of your character!
Balance & Design
Last edited by Rory on Dec 13, 2012, 11:43:54 PM
I will play over the weekend and see if this bug happens again, and will give feedback on where i was and what i was doing at the time that it happens. The cursor disappearing has only happen once to me, But loot getting stuck to my mouse cursor has happen several times. So we will see if i can reproduce this problem.

Maybe it's just my mouse that doesn't like PoE. And if that's the case i will be throwing it in the bush to join my diablo 3 disk.

Last edited by Luthion_187 on Dec 14, 2012, 9:47:27 PM
This mouse cursor problem has something to do with playing in fullscreen mode. It happen quite frequently with the loot getting stuck to my mouse cursor and the odd time it would just straight up disappear.

But after playing the last 5 days in Windowed fullscreen mode i have not had a single glitch happen with my mouse. Hope this helps you guys track down the problem a little better.
If it matters I always play fullscreen and have for many hours. I've never had this problem. Sounds like a compatibility issue on your end. What kinda mouse are you using?
In regards to your not being able to attack things. Even without being able to see your mouse you can still attack mobs by holding down shift and just clicking. You will stand in place and swing in the direction your mouse cursor is when you click attack. You could then adjust your mouse in the direction to where your targets are.

Hmmm...I play in Full Screen, Windowed Full screen, and Windowed mode on either of my laptops using the touchpad or my logitech m185 and on my desktop which has a razer mamba I think on it. What mouse are you using? Have you tried to update the software for it if it is a logitech, razer, or any other number of mice that come with software? Have you tried updating the firmware on it if you have that option(as I do on my razer)?
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
FAQ made through many hours of enduring global chat in Normal

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info