GS, STAFF, BLOOD marauder

"
RESISTANCES:
You both persuaded me to get those resistance nodes. I'll take both adaptation and diamond body. 140% is kinda lot. But tell me why i.e. Petrov's Elebowman don't take single resistance node. Just because he's ranged?

Well, the marauder starting nodes have 45% resistance to all, also you will use endurance charges the most of the time, if you get 6 charges that's 30% elemental resistance. You can easily reach the 75% cap in merciless with some gear and maybe few other points in resistance (2-4). Maybe because he is ranged and deals a lot of damage, and uses diamond flasks when needed.

"
ARMOR:

About IR, i don't use it either.

"
This is only about chroms, or also about looted items?

I'm not sure but i think that it counts for both.

"
But... I have Ground Slam, don't I? It should count as ranged...

Well it's more like mid range, but it will work out.

"
I didn't meant to go for evasion, but block. Staves does not change my dps, they just add block chance instead of stun thereshold, don't they?

Yes.

I had a Staves Marauder, it was fine, also if you get additional staves block chance passive nodes, you will be even tankier.
Staves and Maces both are good, it will depend on your build.

"
What about Unwavering Stance? I can't evade then. And without it I would surely become stunlocked, don't I?[/spoiler]

If you get Unwavering Stance, then you might think on getting IR.

Something else that you have to consider is wether or not you are going to get Resolute Technique or not (it will save you a lot of passive skill points). ACC is a pain in the ass at higher levels.
"The harder the game, the better."
Last edited by Vold316 on Dec 17, 2012, 4:52:47 PM
I'm happy that we finally agree.
So I'll drop armor, get some resistances (51%+25%), use staves, get Unwavering Stance.
And defenetly get Resolute Technique. Diamond flasks looks awesome, but I can't imagine getting enough accuracy.

You can look though updated build in first post.

vill
Hm, i don't use IR but i do use ARMOR. Anyways, let me know how it goes without any Armor Node, please.
"The harder the game, the better."
Added bloodless,stanceless,chargeless build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info