Flicker-Multi AOE Aura Master /w Corpse Explosion (video linked)

So I decided to make a build based around a few different concepts I have seen. Originally I was just thinking of a good use for cast on kill gem. Having been a fan of corpse explosion necro's in D2 I decided to work with Detonate Dead and Cast on kill. Then earlier this week I stumbled upon a post on reddit that took advantage of using a ton of auras with the new ketstones to boost them.

Aura Spec (credit to Metavex for posting this)
http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1pos49/introducing_the_aura_spec/

Turns out the damage you could add was VERY substantial with Wrath, Anger and Hatred. So I went to work trying to figure out how to best apply these. Since the damage is added per hit I decided to Deliver using the Flickerstrike-Multistrike combo for its multiple hits and speed. Then I added weapon Elemental Damage Meele Splash and cast on kill with detonate dead to make it an AOE skill.

Here is a gameplay video I just made of me clearing the docks and showing stats, current gear and passive tree
http://youtu.be/tJDU3x9XirI

My Spec
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABA5YIZwx9DjwQfxGWFy8XPhg8GYoajxzcHRQdqh6UJLAm-CcLKPovbzB3MZ41kjboNuk6UjrhOyhBh0KjRZ1GcU3jVcZV1lYtWK9gQ2TnZaduPW-ecLt2CHgNeqp_xoCkgseDCYbRj0aTJ5M6lZua4Ju1plenCKlurD-sf7QMtfK3PriTvSe-vMM6xp7KSs9l0NDZE9rd3FfhiOJh42rr7vF28kX22vno-tL7Cf4K_kn-jw==

My Gear
Spoiler

my rings and ammulets are nothing of value at the moment but I plan to get Le heup of all ring and the taming ring, as well as a nice elemental damage with weapons ammy, I obviously don't plan to use tabula forever, once I can 6link something I will. I may pick up the Life and mana leech nodes in the tree when i level some more and hopefully I can get rid of the gloves or belt.

A few things of note

-This is just a fun build I decided to try to build, It takes some expensive gear and is NOT hardcore viable in anyway.

-The desync with this build is VERY bad and I have to run an /OSS macro which I am constantly pressing.

-The build does not do well in a party, if you can kill a monster in 1 round of hits this build works well, if you cant it doesn't work plain and simple. The added HP of monsters in a party makes in not very viable. Also the damage from Detonate Dead doesn't scale with added monster HP from party size

-I Currently don't have a 6link armour that is not a tabula so that greatly reduces my survivability, Once I get one I hope to be able to do some maps

-I am running 7 Auras

-If I could get a soul taker axe I MAY be able to run another aura on mana however im not sure yet, either way its a good physical dps axe that I would consider if I get the currency

-Since Hatred gem scales on physical damage I recommend a high physical dps weapon and I have taken some passives to boost my physical damage, ALSO your life and mana leech scale from physical damage

-I use Blood Rage to keep my frenzy charges up, some people might wonder why I am using blood dance boots then? Its actually for the %life regeneration on frenzy charge. At my current level I am taking 3.9% of my total life as chaos damage per second. Since my chaos resists suck this will drain my health very fast while im between packs. After I kill a pack I have full frenzy charges and this grants me 4%life regeneration per second. In the future if I can get my chaos resist high enough I will be swapping these out.

-If I get stuck without a frenzy charge I can use my secondary attack frenzy, faster attacks, life leech

-I am considering going for Iron reflexes since im using Alpha howl which has quite a lot of evasion
Checked out everything.

It's nice you have so many auras but, again, the build is just not end game viable at all. < 2000 life+es (total) on any build just won't last very long to anything in a lot of maps.

The flicker + immortal combo isn't optimized really because you use so much elemental damage. Thus, when immortal call pops on reflect it won't be mitigating the majority of the reflect damage.

Also, for a 6l your damage is absurdly low.

Maybe the character would be really good in parties but since you're flicker striking all the time I'd imagine you will get teleported away from your party members a lot. (Regarding auras)

I think it's a nice concept but not really practical. It's very unoptimized.
Last edited by DestroTheGod on Nov 10, 2013, 12:06:33 AM
Neat, but my Kamina is that life low.
When your life is that low, it opens the door to all sorts of fun specs, most of which are even funner than that one looks :O
(:
I didn't really intend for it to be end game viable when I started was kinda just something I wanted to do, its defently not end game or party viable but it clears pretty quickly solo. My dps also does not account for the fact that when the corpses exploded its dealing a good chunk of damage. Generally once I have killed an enemy or 2 the whole pack falls which is pretty cool. I have yet to have any problems with reflect. I have been leveling a meele physical damage gem to try and stick in place of the meele splash but it loses the aoe pop, def would suit a party build or high HP mobs/bosses better. A
Last edited by christ6 on Nov 10, 2013, 12:23:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info