Level 80 LA/Frenzy and do mediocre damage :(

Using Frenzy and LA as main skills. Both are five linked. Frenzy - wep ele dmg, added lightning damage, life leech, faster attacks. DPS is 8k will frenzy stacks and hated and wrath. Lightning arrow - LMP, LOH, Chain, wep ele dmg is 1660.

http://tinyurl.com/kdt35m8

Here is my spec. Either I'm itemizing wrong or my tree is poop or combination of both. My original plan was to run Cloak of Defiance and EB and pack the points into auras, but they don't see cost effective. In groups I'm definitely boosted others DPS but mine seems very weak. I especially notice it with elemental and lightning resist mobs.

My gear

Spoiler

Any advice would be appreciated.

I would advise you to try the LA with Ele Prolif.
It doesn't give you a direct damage boost, but the shockstakcs are flying around like crazy, and you'll be clearing the room in no-time
The shit is banana
Ye If I had a 6L I would try ele proliferation or lightning pen, but I'm not close to a 6L yet.
Hi,

Check the build in my signature. You are using LA wrong. LA gets most of the base dmg from physical source type of dmg. So you wanna have high phys dmg to convert 50% of it to lightning. The rest 50% stays physical and is not lost.

Another option people followed earlier was to go to the west side of the tree, grab all the elemental dmg nodes and use wrath + anger etc. It is still viable; however since the overwork of the ranger part of the tree (and the nerf to weapon ele dmg) I personally like crit based builds a lot more. You can also add Hatred to them which is based on phys dmg. Pure elemental builds cannot make much use of hatred because they lack phys source.

Clear? :)
http://tinyurl.com/ooety9v - Ranger bow lightning arrow crit build
Last edited by Dan1986 on Nov 10, 2013, 8:34:41 PM
"
Dan1986 wrote:
Hi,

Check the build in my signature. You are using LA wrong. LA gets most of the base dmg from physical source type of dmg. So you wanna have high phys dmg to convert 50% of it to lightning. The rest 50% stays physical and is not lost.

Another option people followed earlier was to go to the west side of the tree, grab all the elemental dmg nodes and use wrath + anger etc. It is still viable; however since the overwork of the ranger part of the tree (and the nerf to weapon ele dmg) I personally like crit based builds a lot more. You can also add Hatred to them which is based on phys dmg. Pure elemental builds cannot make much use of hatred because they lack phys source.

Clear? :)

Sigh would take allot of respecs to get enough crit. QQ
I think you are finding out one of the biggest changes post release--elemental based builds are poor in solo situations.

LA used to be extremely powerful because you could stack the ele-dmg auras (wrath, hatred, anger) and then run your passive tree simply around life/RT/ele dmg nodes/inner force. Post release, this is impossible due to the change in aura reservation, so ele-play is really delegated to party play--if you have 3 members in your party, you can run 3 very powerful ele auras, and do the same builds you would have pre-release.

That being said, LA + chain + LMP = very weak paper dps. The true dps that came out of LA was the shock stacking, and even that has been nerfed (30% from 40%). IMO you are far better off with split arrow + chain--it already has GMP built into it, and scales a lot stronger once you pick up some physical dmg nodes. This way you can run hatred and have its full effect on your dps.

Also, one thing ive noticed about good builds is that hitting falls under 2 categories--RT (never crit, always hit), or Crit (maximize crit chance and crit mult + accuracy). Commit to one of those and build your build around that idea and you will see definite improvements.

Here is a build i have been playing(currently lvl 79, 20k frenzy dps, 4.1k SA + chain dps WITHOUT a 5 link item)

Feel free to pm me if youve got any questions!

"
RandyMarsh wrote:
I think you are finding out one of the biggest changes post release--elemental based builds are poor in solo situations.

LA used to be extremely powerful because you could stack the ele-dmg auras (wrath, hatred, anger) and then run your passive tree simply around life/RT/ele dmg nodes/inner force. Post release, this is impossible due to the change in aura reservation, so ele-play is really delegated to party play--if you have 3 members in your party, you can run 3 very powerful ele auras, and do the same builds you would have pre-release.

That being said, LA + chain + LMP = very weak paper dps. The true dps that came out of LA was the shock stacking, and even that has been nerfed (30% from 40%). IMO you are far better off with split arrow + chain--it already has GMP built into it, and scales a lot stronger once you pick up some physical dmg nodes. This way you can run hatred and have its full effect on your dps.

Also, one thing ive noticed about good builds is that hitting falls under 2 categories--RT (never crit, always hit), or Crit (maximize crit chance and crit mult + accuracy). Commit to one of those and build your build around that idea and you will see definite improvements.

Here is a build i have been playing(currently lvl 79, 20k frenzy dps, 4.1k SA + chain dps WITHOUT a 5 link item)

Feel free to pm me if youve got any questions!

Hmmm Mine is kinda similar. You feat more crit for sure. I think my main problem is my bow is a bit weak (249 DPS). I'll prolly wait till I get an upgrade till I make a judgement call I guess. Been saving currency to buy decent rare or Lions eye.
My bow:
Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info