Fairgraves' not in The Docks

I entered The Docks. Completed the map without being able to complete this quest "A Swig of Hope" (Search the Docks for a use for the Decanter Spiritus).

I asked the guys in global chat, they said Fairgraves should be near the waypoint of the map, but when I went there he wasn't. Then players suggested to re-enter the level by ctrl+clicking the entrance, so I could choose a new instance.

I faced the monsters again, but still no Fairgraves, no exclamation sign in map. Here's how it looks like:

Please, help! I don't want this quest item within my inventory. :(

p.s.: As far as I remember, I did face a captain in an act prior to the third one with his ship sinking (I had to give him a quest item, and after talking started attacking), or maybe that was another captain with his own ship.
Last edited by Arkl1te on Nov 9, 2013, 2:59:35 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
You MUST KILL Captain Fairgraves to complete the Marooned Mariner quest in Act I, and receive a passive skill point from Bestel. Only then will he appear in the Docks in Act III.
Then yes, I remember killing that captain before.

Thing is, I pressed "U" to check Act 1 quests, and now I realize that quest isn't registered as done, neither undone, just hidden somehow.

But I recall that I killed Fairgraves in Act 1 without having the quest.

In that case, I would assume that there is a problem with the quest states and/or the way the quest variables are stored on the character.
So... Is there anything I can do to fix this, or do I have to stick with this? What should I do?
Last edited by Arkl1te on Nov 9, 2013, 3:43:44 PM
ACT 1 of each difficulty...if you've only done it on normal he wont turn up in cruel automatically.

"
Arkl1te wrote:
But I recall that I killed Fairgraves in Act 1 without having the quest

Impossible, he isn't active to kill unless you take his quest and give him the allflame.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Nov 9, 2013, 4:15:57 PM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
ACT 1 of each difficulty...if you've only done it on normal he wont turn up in cruel automatically.

"
Arkl1te wrote:
But I recall that I killed Fairgraves in Act 1 without having the quest

Impossible, he isn't active to kill unless you take his quest and give him the allflame.

Maybe he appeared when I got the item he wanted (which I didn't know)...
My bad ... I assumed that everyone knows that each difficulty handles quests separately. It would explain why there are so many posts for this particular "bug." Folks thinking that Fairgraves needs to be killed just once, and he appears in all three difficulties.
"
Arkl1te wrote:
Maybe he appeared when I got the item he wanted (which I didn't know)...

If you had the allflame and talked to him you initiated the quest which then allows you to kill him...you then need to go hand in at the town.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
If you had the allflame and talked to him you initiated the quest which then allows you to kill him...you then need to go hand in at the town.

That's certainly true, I went again to The Ship Graveyard and suprisingly the captain is there. Maybe the client didn't save the game properly when I killed him back then.

Probabilities are (as far as I think) that when the game crashes, not everything gets saved.
Last edited by Arkl1te on Nov 9, 2013, 6:04:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info