PLEASE Fix these gamebreaking Post 1.0 patch Audio Bugs, they prevent entering new zones!

This is becoming very frustrating since it crashes the game.

This is not on my end because nothing on my system has changed and the bug was not present before the release patch (or maybe it was one of the small patches after).

This happens with multiple zones, multiple audio files, and with both the Steam and regular client. Sometimes the crash occurs when entering zones for the first time and other times when not. Sometimes you are able to bypass the bug by teleporting to the zone through a friend's portal, but it doesn't always work.

Here's a picture of one instance of the bug occurring.

edit - The latest crash-to-desktop upon trying to access the Catacombs bluescreened my PC.

edit2 - Adding -swa to the launch parameters has solved the issue for now.

Thanks.
Last edited by Odissius on Nov 9, 2013, 2:44:06 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
2 possible reasons for this error
1. you have a soundcard.
2. your download is corrupt

try using the -swa commandline, can be added to the launch options in steam.
The other requires that you A. verify the game data or B. download through a VPN to avoid your isps cached files which can become out of date/corrupt or are incomplete.

Also what OS are you using?
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Nov 9, 2013, 2:21:45 PM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
2 possible reasons for this error
1. you have a soundcard.
2. your download is corrupt

try using the -swa commandline, can be added to the launch options in steam.
The other requires that you A. verify the game data or B. download through a VPN to avoid your isps cached files which can become out of date/corrupt or are incomplete.

Also what OS are you using?

Yes, I have a soundcard.

I don't see how my download could be corrupt on both Steam and the regular client. They were both downloaded and updated individually.

Also, I didn't see this post before making this thread but others are having the same problems:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/595693

The latest crash-to-desktop actually blue-screened my PC. This reminds me of the blue-screen audio bugs from Closed Beta.
Last edited by Odissius on Nov 9, 2013, 2:24:45 PM
Well its not so much a bug as a problem with audio cards and their drivers which is why they added the -swa command line..

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Well its not so much a bug as a problem with audio cards and their drivers which is why they added the -swa command line..

What exactly does -swa mean and/or do?

edit - Surprisingly it fixed it.
Last edited by Odissius on Nov 9, 2013, 2:40:01 PM
it's a short form of the same command --softwareaudio which forces the use of the generic software audio device....bypasses the sound card completely so you don't BSOD.

You might want to check the drivers though, quite a few of the problems have been eliminated with the newest drivers, most of the problems come from drivers that were last updated more than a year ago, though there are still some.

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
it's a short form of the same command --softwareaudio which forces the use of the generic software audio device....bypasses the sound card completely so you don't BSOD.

You might want to check the drivers though, quite a few of the problems have been eliminated with the newest drivers, most of the problems come from drivers that were last updated more than a year ago, though there are still some.

Hmm okay thanks.

My soundcard is a bit dated so I think I have the latest drivers since they don't update them much anymore. So I guess I will just have to stick with -swa for now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info