Cruel Dominus

"
Deux wrote:
All you have to do is avoid the rain, he hits like a bitch imo.

Unless it's not raining and he hits you with bleed.
Can I kill Dominus or is it dangerous as melee marauder slam/heavystrike?
2500HP 77% all resist 1300Armor

Generally don't like the idea of paying someone to kill something for me, but I don't want to lose my hardcore character either.

My equip:
Spoiler

Edit: Would use a Topaz flask instead of Saphire of course.
Last edited by JuRiOh on Nov 11, 2013, 6:54:14 PM
Watch out for the exploding minions in phase 1 it seems to be physical or part physical damage and if you don't have armor it hits like a truck.
It might be a bit cheesy but just open a portal and whenever he puts that mark on you enter the portal, come back and drop another portal, going to town removes it. Same thing with bleeds in the last phase.

It is a much easier fight to do duo.
Just wanted to add a note, from my experience:

This seems to be the first encounter in the game where it's a hard delete/reroll check if you built your skills "wrong" (ie: anything which didn't maximize HP). My character has about 1400hp (with max resist, and 50%+ armor), and Dominus will unavoidably one-shot me with flicker strike and lightning burst.

Note that I'm not complaining about it... I just didn't know you could permanently f-up your character by not building all HP when I was leveling, and now this character is worthless (well, by that I mean can beat everything else up to this point, but has literally no chance to beat the Dominus encounter).

So learn from my mistake, if you're reading this and there's still time, and don't permanently destroy your character by picking passives badly when you don't know what you're doing.
"
JuRiOh wrote:
Can I kill Dominus or is it dangerous as melee marauder slam/heavystrike?
2500HP 77% all resist 1300Armor

Generally don't like the idea of paying someone to kill something for me, but I don't want to lose my hardcore character either.

My equip:
Spoiler

Edit: Would use a Topaz flask instead of Saphire of course.

Your hp/resists/armor look good enough, but dps kinda low. Also get flasks with remove bleed. I know for sure it's possible facetank both dominus form on cruel with 4k dps if you want, but seems like your dps only about 1.5k. With such dps result depends how bad dominus lagging/desync for you.
"
i think i did cruel domi at 47 with a health pool below 2000 Dx

I think not
EJRVBÑJKSBVÑERJVBÑJWERBVÑRWEJFVCÑIERVGLÑIJESFDBVIEWRGICVL3WEGRDVICWDSBCVIJWDBCVWIJDECVILDBWLDEJCHBVWLIDECGWLDICHYVGLWDICHLWDECHVW
DEVGERGVERGWWFVEFVWWEDQWEFCDWEFCWEFVCWEFCWEFWEFWEFWREGFRWREGFW
"
KopaKabana wrote:
"
i think i did cruel domi at 47 with a health pool below 2000 Dx

I think not

well for certain I did (the HP part, didn't check my lvl then).my lvl 65 alt has finished all Q except merciless dominus and he has 2.1k hp and 0 ES.
"
Deux wrote:
Dominus can be done with under 2k life at cruel.

Indeed it can, since I did just that yesterday.

Cruel Dominus is extremely hard, trying to kill him with various builds I've leveled typically ends in disaster. And I'm guessing it's like that for most people since whenever I play in group, most players die many, many times during the fight.
"
SkillFree wrote:
Just wanted to add a note, from my experience:

This seems to be the first encounter in the game where it's a hard delete/reroll check if you built your skills "wrong" (ie: anything which didn't maximize HP). My character has about 1400hp (with max resist, and 50%+ armor), and Dominus will unavoidably one-shot me with flicker strike and lightning burst.

Note that I'm not complaining about it... I just didn't know you could permanently f-up your character by not building all HP when I was leveling, and now this character is worthless (well, by that I mean can beat everything else up to this point, but has literally no chance to beat the Dominus encounter).

With action RPG games I typically just go for maximum damage, and not worry about anything else. Trying to do that in PoE = you die every 2min.

My first build in PoE was like that and dying non stop is no fun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info