Cruel Dominus

So what level did you guys kill cruel Dom at?(if someone killed him for you I am not interested) I just got one shotted in his first phase at level 58. Not sure what killed me. I was surprised since he hadn't been doing much damage for the previous 20 mins. Also, is he easier solo? The fight never ends with a group. I think we got him to like 90% health before I died.

Edit: Nemesis, 2300 life, max res, 5 end charges, around 3-4k armour.
Edit2: Probably wasn't a one shot =P, but was very fast.
Last edited by BackwoodsS on Nov 9, 2013, 1:38:11 PM
2.3k life at lvl 58 is pretty horrible... you were actually at a much higher lvl than needed to defeat dominus, usually shouldn't be a problem as soon as you're lvl 50+ but given that hp value you either got horrible equipment or messed something up in your skill build.

Since dom can put out pretty significant damage a little lagg should be enough for him to wipe out your hp leaving you no time to react.
You may post your skill tree/equipment I'm pretty much certain we'll find the problem there.
Dominus can be done with under 2k life at cruel.

Ive done him on cruel like 6 times now on Nemesis, probably had around 2.2-2.7k hp pending on build.

All you have to do is avoid the rain, he hits like a bitch imo.
Invasion - No Sacrifice No Glory

HTTP://WWW.TWITCH.TV/THISISDEUX
If it was the first form you got one shotted either by touch of god or by desync. It desyncs faster than /oos works because of the cooldown. The exploding minions can take you out extremely fast if they are on different spot on server. It is definitely easier solo if you aren't in a decent group.

If you haven't deleted your char yet, I would recommend trying the fight a couple times in standard now, to get a better grasp of its... eccentricities. Or do it a bunch in nemesis normal I guess.

edit: I'm guessing it was crit by touch of god since the fight lasted so long.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
Last edited by reboticon on Nov 9, 2013, 3:32:10 PM
Dominus is best destroyed by two players. One totem (or at least ranged), one melee. During first form: melee runs circles clearing minions and avoiding lightning bugs; totem runs around dropping totems near Dominus to do the damage (or using ranged shots). During second form, melee facetanks Dominus while totem sits in town or runs around inside the blood rain bubble hoping not to die.

If you try to solo Dominus without ridiculous overgearing you're gonna have a bad time.
i think i did cruel domi at 47 with a health pool below 2000 Dx
Last edited by eloisegoesrawr on Nov 9, 2013, 5:17:55 PM
I was level 60, which is much higher than you probably need to be, but my HP was pretty terrible due to my gear (only had 2300). I did Cruel Dominus about an hour ago.

The minibosses are easy if you just isolate them and kill them individually. His first form requires that you just kite around and slowly chip away at his health and do your best to avoid that lightning. You should never get hit by his ground slam move.

His second form requires you to kite him around until his bubble is up. Stay inside of that bubble and continue to kite around. It's pretty straightforward and was easy for me.
The first stage of the Dominus fight is pretty easy if you're using Ice + Elemental Proliferation. It's very possible to freeze Dominus indefinitely by kiting the mobs to stand near him. Frozen mobs means frozen Dominus, you don't even have to hit him directly.

As far as the second stage goes, I've no idea - though I did play in a party once that successfully knocked him back into the far left corner (there is a broken bridge or something) causing him to get stuck and we just wasted him from there.
Last edited by RParade on Nov 10, 2013, 9:57:40 AM
Just did him last night at 47. Only one in my party to NOT die.

2.2k Hp.

So if you know how to build/play your character youll be just fine. Dominus is liek what 8 levels higher than me at that point? I face tanked both his forms, and even got hit by his hand like 5 times. Obviously not in a row, could tank the first hit but had to step back after that.

His second form I just tanked him the whole time.
Invasion - No Sacrifice No Glory

HTTP://WWW.TWITCH.TV/THISISDEUX
Low life? Playing in a brand new league with self found gear. Should I have found Koam's already?

for anyone searching this thread out is was his "mark" that killed me. It is a debuff that causes his minions to run to you and explode. Probably easy to notice solo but in a full group I couldn't even find Dominus most of the time. I like the idea of fighting him as a pair. I would have been best off solo as I was the strongest char in the group. Rerolling and I will be happy to have 2.3k life for the cruel dominus fight this time around, lol!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info