Ante Based PvP

OK, so I don't really play PvP but It would be more appealing if there was an ante option where we could win something more than bragging rights.

It could function similar to the trade window where both players have to agree on the ante, however it closes for the match and automagically drops the loot in the winners inventory.

What think you. It would also be fun for watching on streams.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
The trade window thing is where both parties agree on the wager is a fantastic idea. This is an excellent suggestion.

+1
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Thanks, hopefully we can get GGG to notice and like.

I should point out to all that I do not mean for this to be mandatory, if the players don't want to play for ante they don't have to.
"
smithpaul60 wrote:
I should point out to all that I do not mean for this to be mandatory, if the players don't want to play for ante they don't have to.
That would just be a "trade screen" where both players confirm on nothing.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
RMT on pvp incoming in 3...2...
"
RMT on pvp incoming in 3...2...
Over six months ago.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Nov 9, 2013, 7:22:58 PM
+1 to this idea. Really clever, OP!
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

I actually envision this more along the lines of the allocation listing for parties. One for the way it is now and another for the ante based system. If you didn;t want to play ante then you would select it when you enter PvP and you would be in a different pool and you wouldn't be prompted for an ante. If you did select the ante you would.
"
smithpaul60 wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I actually envision this more along the lines of the allocation listing for parties. One for the way it is now and another for the ante based system. If you didn;t want to play ante then you would select it when you enter PvP and you would be in a different pool and you wouldn't be prompted for an ante. If you did select the ante you would.
I think it would be better if the screen popped up regardless, and players could just confirm on nothing. That way you could try to convince uninterested players into putting up some ante by offering some yourself.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I think it would be better if the screen popped up regardless, and players could just confirm on nothing. That way you could try to convince uninterested players into putting up some ante by offering some yourself.

Okay, I see where you are going with the idea. Doing it your way would make the PvP selection list cleaner (by not adding more selections) and still provide for the ante option. It would just have to be made clear that they have the option for confirming on nothing. Otherwise it would appear mandatory.

I don't play PvP but for some loot I would be much more interested, However not everybody would feel that way and I don't want it to be inclusive and not leave others out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info