Please watch my youtube video on Path of Exile.

If you have the time, can you please spare a few minutes to watch my youtube video. I would like to know if I should continue making them, so please give me feed back. Here is a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVl9k3q9k3g.
Thank you in advanced. I really appreciate this.
You just demonstrated why we really need a tutorial in this game (in twilight strand).

Julius's path of exile wine bundle for mac here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708/page/1
I agree that a tutorial should be provided as an option. This is a closed Beta so all of us here are relatively experienced gamers who know what to look for - and usually where to look for it.

Problem is that when the game is finally released many new players will be fresh to the genre and to on-line gaming. They will need help.

One system that may work is for an NPC to act as a 'mentor' to a new player(s) in a subset of the game.

A certain area could be set aside for new players to meet and temporarily team with a this mentor.

I would suggest perhaps a small camp could be set up on the beach at the initial starting point with the new player waking on a stretcher and being met by a helpful person who can offer the tutorial option.

If the option is selected the new player is then redirected to a meeting place (say around the camp fire) to link with the NPC who would conduct and advise the player through an extended first sequence to the door of Lioneyes Watch.

The NPC should have a very limited combat capability (possibly explaind by a pre-eisting injury, e.g. having taken an arrow in the knee LL) but should otherwise be 'unkillable'.

This would fit fairly well into the storyline of the game.

Last edited by Eggy on Dec 11, 2012, 8:55:19 PM
Pretty sure I LOL'd all the way through that :) Was entertaining.
Mind telling me why?
"
Eggy wrote:
Mind telling me why?

Because some of the comments that went along with figuring out what's what with the game is, I think, something we've all experienced. Brought back those /facepalm memories :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info