Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life -

"
SlixSC wrote:
I am perplexed by your response. On the one hand you admit that logic cannot get you to God, but on the other hand you are saying "I don't know how you cannot believe in God." Which seems to be implying that, epistemically speaking, God's existence is so self-evident, not believing in God would be irrational. There is a conflict there.

Either God cannot be proven and it's therefore perfectly reasonable not to believe in God, or you were simply lying when making that previous statement.

Lastly, I think Kierkegaard's approach to belief in God is fine, he freely admits that belief in God is irrational (not based on logic) and you seem to be saying the same thing, that "God exists" is not a conclusion you arrived at by synthetically judging the world around you, it just makes you feel better.

That's fine, I just don't see much of a point in debating this if you freely admit that your belief is irrational. I don't know where you could possibly go with this conversation.

I'm not sure why this was not evident initially but I have been explaining why I believe in God and not debating why anyone else should. My initial statements...

"There is no purpose to try to prove the existence of God, Krishna or any deity.... the foundation of religion is absolute faith, if you lack this your belief is based on no more than the dust of logic and will eventually be blown away from under your feet."

...were indicative that if one tried or needed to base their faith on proof the very foundation of their faith would crumble under a purely analytical approach to trying to prove the existence or non-existence of God. It simply cannot dispostively be done. That said what I was last indicating was that in my own regards waht I believe is that based upon what I prefer to think (understanding there is no absolute proof one way or the other), it is logical for me to believe in god. I was not offering any proof for any of my preferences or my belief in God. Maybe this comes down to whether one is a glass half full or glass half empty type and I myself lean towards the glass half full... but I could easily see under the similar conditions would go the other way on all counts if they were a glass half full type.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
Last edited by Pavshaus on Nov 12, 2013, 8:39:54 AM
0/10, bad troll post
^ Best self rating I have seen to date.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info