Guess the numbers and level of preparedness

After seeing the servers reach a little over 12000 accounts logged in today and seeing the effects the only think I noticed personally was a few monsters 'warping' like the instance server was having trouble keeping it's own data updated.
What were everyone else's experience?
Do you think Path of exile will be up to the onslaught that will be open beta in a little over a month from now and what kind of numbers do you predict we will be seeing.

I would not be surprised to see numbers hit well over the 25000 consecutive accounts once word starts spreading and possibly even four times that number if popularity is gained in certain Asian markets. Event days are going to be very interesting if we start seeing big numbers trying to join all at once. I can just picture the guys in the server room running around with fire extinguishers and buckets of dry ice should over 100,000 people all try login for a three hour race in the first week.
I had trouble zoning into upper submerged passage from the Ledge (I was going backwards from the WP). Cool thing was though, I saw it was trying to "Entering Upper Submerged Passage" which seemed to timeout eventually, but it kept me in the Ledge zone, so I didn't crash or anything... all I did was just retried a second later and it worked fine. It allowed me to generate new "Ledge" zones all night, where I was grinding some XP
Last edited by pilnomi on Dec 11, 2012, 8:39:51 AM
I dunno. Its pretty standard for a newly launched game to have some server stability issues these days. Even the big companies with plenty of money to throw at it always seem to come up short. I am sure there will be some issues that pop up, but in situations like these were some problems are just unavoidable I believe its more important how the situation is handled rather than if it happens at all. For instance if your game doesn't work because a bajillion people decided to log in at once take a few seconds to let us know on the forums whats going on and how long you think it might take to fix it.(and with GGG's track record I am sure they would)

People will understand if your honest and communicate but if your silent that will only enrage them further.

I have no idea what numbers to expect though. I know I plan on taking a long weekend for OB release though so it better work :P
I played through all of it yesterday with a low rent system and had remarkably few problems.Some herky jerky play here and there but overall not bad.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info